Zarry[: asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

jack russells?

where would i be able to find one? and is there more than one knd of jack russell?

Favorite Answer

The AKC (assuming you are in the USA) has split the Russells into the Parson Russell terrier and the Russell terrier (only in the FSS) groups. Personally, I don't there is much difference between the two, but the Parson is a bit taller and leaner, whereas the Russell is a bit shorter and stockier.

There are generally a lot of JRT's in rescues. If you want to buy a puppy, find a reputable breeder thorough the parent breed club in your area (links are on the AKC web site).

These are high energy, intelligent working dogs. Please do your research before getting one - there is a reason there are a lot in shelters and rescues.

Add: once again, never buy a dog from a pet store or web site

Theres two types, the long haired and the short haired. I've got the short haired and he was the runt of the litter therefore is very small but i wouldn't be without him, he's so lovable and loyal. Ignore people who'll tell you they're snappy, moody and yappy little dogs, they're not! Its the way you raise them that makes them i believe and i've raised mine with love, patience and a firm voice - you have to have the latter or they'll run rings round you ha ha. Best of luck in your search.

i not sure if there is many breeds of jack russells,but i know their are short and long hair..heres a link where you can get one from,and some are for rehoming

http://www.jack-russell-terrier.co.uk/

I would check the pet store or your local newspaper's I have heard there is a few differant kinds. they are really smart dogs nad they love to play and run .. good luck