Why isn't 't my Yahoo Messenger Working after downloading Spybot?

Need some help. I downloaded Spybot for the first time and now my Yahoo Messenger won't log in. It will let me load it, but when I try to sign in, I get an error message & it shuts down.

Besides "take it to geek squad" etc, does anyone know what I should do? Or what's going on? Please help.

Best Answer

I did not have a good experience with Spybot. Supposedly it is a legitimate program, but there are a lot of fakes out there as well (I found this out by entering Spybot on here where it says "search for questions"). Spybot downloaded itself onto my computer and I think it must have been a virus because it destroyed my computer. At first, it just ran slowly. Then it got slower and slower. Then I started getting random popups all the time. Finally it got to the place where my computer just wouldn't run anymore and it would just shut itself down for no reason. I tried new antivirus software and it didn't work. I finally had to take it to a place similar to geek squad and they had to clean out the whole hard drive on my computer and reprogram it.

My best advice to you is to uninstall the Spybot program (if you can...I tried uninstalling it on mine and it wouldn't uninstall). Try to run your antivirus software to get rid of anything your computer might have picked up. A good program I've always had good luck with is Ad-Aware for removing spyware and adware. I know you didn't want to hear this, but if none of this stuff works, then you might have to take it to a place like geek squad or another computer place and have them fix it. Good luck and hope this helps.

Source(s): Unfortunately, experience.