Organized crime : no - show jobs?

Ok, so on the Sopranos, these 'no show jobs' are a big deal.

What exactly is a 'no show job' ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Two pistols is basically right, however the mob don't own the company they are defrauding.

It's basically putting someone on the payroll of a company and receiving payment when they are not actually working.

The Italian Mob had lots of contacts in the construction unions and construction industry, and if you watch shows such as 'The Sopranos' they often talk about receiving so many no-show jobs.

• Doug4 years agoReport

It isn't just a mafia thing. example:construction co.'s across america work extra people into contract, like 5 people as a fork lift operator everyday, but it only takes 1 person the other 4 will be a "no work" since they on the job site but do nothing, but there is always some level of scheming

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database : http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?dXEs
  • 4 years ago

You are one brilliant guy, good that you were home-schooled so that you were not instilled with the liberal propaganda. I hadn't thought of that until you pointed out this interesting phenomena. I'm glad that they are doing something about organized crime, though. I wonder if they will make the charges stick and if these slippery guys will get off or not? Gosh, I would hate to live in Chicago, they couldn't pay me enough.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Organized crime : no - show jobs?

Ok, so on the Sopranos, these 'no show jobs' are a big deal.

What exactly is a 'no show job' ?

Source(s): organized crime show jobs: https://biturl.im/Bfo88
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eileen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axjZo

How better to show the "Chicago Mob" what will happen to them if they don`t support Raum Emanuel in the Chicago mayoral race ? Don`t think for a minute that the "Chicago Mob" won`t have a forceful voice and a major part to play in the enforcement of Emanuel`s radical left policies ! This what you can expect out of "The Chicago Mob" ; UNION CORRUPTION: WHY IT HAPPENS, HOW TO COMBAT IT Carl F. Horowitz Copyright 1999, The National Institute for Labor Relations Research --------------------------------------... INTRODUCTION CHAPTER ONE — UNION CORRUPTION: A LICENSE TO STEAL CHAPTER TWO –- CORRUPTION: HOW IT’S DONE AND WHO DOES IT Overview Tactics Extortion Embezzlement Bid-Rigging/Collusion Benefit Plan Theft Extortion and Bribery to Secure Jobs No-Show Workers Fishy Business Fronts The Big Four CHAPTER THREE -- THE PECULIAR CASE OF THE TEAMSTERS Overview The Roots of Corruption Married to the Mob: The Golden Age The Carey "Reform" Years Hoffa II: The Sequel CHAPTER FOUR – STRATEGIES FOR FIGHTING CORRUPTION Overview What Can Be Done Improve Anti-Corruption Investigation and Law Enforcement Continue Industry Deregulation Enforce the Beck Decision Promote State Paycheck Protection Laws Promote Union Democracy Enact a National Right-to-Work Law Repeal the Exclusive Representation Clause Limit Union Non-Dues Revenue Restore the Original Intent of the Hobbs Act

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well they set their people up in jobs at businesses they own to put them on the payroll and give documentation that they are working. However, they never actually show to the job, they collect a paycheck while they go around doing their ganster thing.

• 3 years ago

No Show Job

• 1 decade ago

I think it is something our senators and Representatives do all the time. If not, why would you spend millions to be elected to a job that only pays thousands.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.