I don't have health insurance, should I get AFLAC?

My company sent an AFLAC representative to us today. I heard it was supplemental health insurance and it costs $35/month for accidents and sickness. I don't have any insurance at all, should I get it? I'm 26. I don't smoke or drink. I eat healthy and I exercise.

• ALR
    Favorite Answer

AFLAC sells supplemental health insurance policies. If you don't have any health insurance, What are you supplementing? You will pay for a policy that will not pay the major claims you incur if you have a serious ill or accident. because AFLAC is only going to be "supplementing" a major medical policy.. AFLAC is fine is you already a health insurance policy.

AFLAC has all those advertisements about paying out money per day if you are sick or injured but they are not paying your medical expenses. I policy that pays when you are sick or injured is a disability policy. Again, either an AFLAC supplement or a disability policy (which is more expensive and pays a higher benefit) it is more important to get basic health care insurance.

Insurance is regulated by each state so you can do a search engine by the state you live in and "individual health insurance". The policies are affordable if you are currently in good health. The rates are depended on your age, gender, height, weight, medical history, whether you are a smoker or non-smoker and the plan benefits you select.

I would recommend taking the supplemental insurance, since you don't have any other insurance. It will allow you to start building a coverage history, which you need to have. AFLAC is a great company, and they have a variety of coverages that you can elect in addition to the supplemental health coverage. You're young-find out how much salary continuation coverage would be (if you are sick or injured and cannot work for a period of time), unless your employer pays for this type of coverage already. This is also the time to consider life insurance--unless you own a home or have a family to worry about, you won't need much, just enough to make sure your debts are paid if you die.

No, get health insurance instead. AFLAC pays a certain amount if you must miss work due to accident or sickness, but it will not be nearly enough to cover the cost of a hospital stay, which is often more than $1000 per day.

• ?

I suggest you to try this website where onel can compare rates from different companies: http://insure-cheap.info/index.html?src=1YAgiwirHE...

RE :I don't have health insurance, should I get AFLAC?

1 following

I might suggest one to visit this internet site where you can get rates from different companies: http://INSURANCEGRADES.INFO/index.html?src=1YAlflu...

1 following

Nobody can give a straight forward answer to this question? This is not good. We expect that someone should know about this topic! It's just a yes or no. Very simple.

AFLAC is a good company & I would definitely recommend that you get that insurance.

I need to know if it's OK to have aflac if you have medicaid?

Awesome answers given

At first which is your nationalit? Are you an Indian. If you are an Indian pls contact me jobin mail id is jtspoothakuzhy@yahoo.co.in