How do you pronounce "calm" in English?

I was reading the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) entry on words ending in '-alm' in English. It said that they were pronounced so as to rhyme with "bomb". This surprised me, since as a native speaker of American English, I've never heard anyone pronounce it like that. I and everyone... show more I was reading the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) entry on words ending in '-alm' in English. It said that they were pronounced so as to rhyme with "bomb". This surprised me, since as a native speaker of American English, I've never heard anyone pronounce it like that. I and everyone I've known have pronounced the 'L', which means the word is pronounced the same as "call", but with an -m at the end. Do any other native English speakers pronounce it so as to rhyme with "bomb", or did the IPA make a mistake?
Update: To Bella Cullen <3 Twilight, it's a rather short 'L' sound, but I still pronounce it. So it's not like "call-'em" since I still pronounce it as one syllable, but there is an 'L' sound in there with the 'a'. And for the regional thing, I was raised in Anchorage... show more To Bella Cullen <3 Twilight, it's a rather short 'L' sound, but I still pronounce it. So it's not like "call-'em" since I still pronounce it as one syllable, but there is an 'L' sound in there with the 'a'.

And for the regional thing, I was raised in Anchorage Alaska, and then moved to Tampa Florida.