Survey: I've read the King James' Version of The Bible, and the "Modern English Version," and I want to know?

After reading both versions, is not The Old Testament an "English translated collection of ancient Jewish stories mythologically and fabulistically describing what they have come to believe is their people's history, as passed down word of mouth and by some ancient written scroll texts found and then... show more After reading both versions, is not The Old Testament an "English translated collection of ancient Jewish stories mythologically and fabulistically describing what they have come to believe is their people's history, as passed down word of mouth and by some ancient written scroll texts found and then re-translated to English, and then re-written several dozen times by various feather & ink monk scribes and clergy, who may or may not have transcribed those documents or stories accurately, and by now the "present text" that we read today has been changed countless times over and over, and doesn't that mean that to take it as "eye-witness" infallible testimony, is rather "un-scholastically or common-sensically sound" given the above facts that are irrefutable, and even recognized as truth by religious scholars?

Where's the "fallacy" in my above statements...?