Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Pocket Knife?

What are the pocket knives that flip out when you push a button called?

Switch blade, jack knife?

6 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    The knife with the button on it is a Stiletto, it's an Italian made knife and is often called a switchblade. They are usually imported.

    The Jack Knife can be one of several knives. Some seem to think it is called a Jack Knife because it can be easily opened with a few movements, it is extremely sharp and may be a reference to "Jack the Ripper."

    I have seen knives which are called, "Jack Knives", when in all actuality, they are used to skin a Texas Jack Rabbits. These are just really sharp "Bowie" Knives.

  • 1 decade ago

    There are different kind of knife thay will open when you push a button, some, spring loaded, called a switch blade, in the U.S.

    Source(s): Me.
  • M L
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Sounds like a 'Switch Blade" to Me. I think these are considered Illegal now.

  • mama4
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    switch blade

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    knifes are for wussy's... lol

  • 1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.