wii error code 52030?

i keep getting the error code 52030 when trying to get online. it worked fine b4. all of a sudden it just stopped working. my laptop wifi works fine. idk wats wrong. help?

Favorite Answer

If you get an error code of 52030 on you Wii console, this indicates a problem with your Wii communicating with your wireless router. There are a couple things you can try/check to help fix this problem.

1 - Try using a different channel on your router and update your Wii to take to the router on that channel.

2 - If your router is using WEP (encryption), make sure your Wii is set to the same encryption.

3 - Make sure the MTU values on your router match those entered on your Wii.

Also note that if you make changes to your wireless router and you have a computer that uses that router too, you'll need to update your computer to match the new settings on your router.

• haslam

Wii Error Code 52030

I have had this problem and it is a result of a few faults, change them all if they apply:

* Make sure that your router firmware is up to date. This was the problem i had. I ended up getting a new but found put it was becuase the firmware was new enough. Also, if you don't know how to update, phone up your router provider and they will be glad to help!

*Make sure your channel setting is 1 or 11. I have 11.

*Make sure the router isn't to far from the wii. If you have a laptop or phone with wifi, see if you can lock on from where you wii is, if you can't then move the wii closer.

*Make sure there aren't any large metal obstacles in the way as this will limit the wifi signal.

Hope this helps!

Error Code 52030

Wii Error 52030

Try changing your channel on the router to 11 or 1. For Linksys WRT54G routers enter the ip address of the router (default is 192.168.1.1) enter password and user name (default is admin/admin) then click wireless tab, now select a different wireless channel from the drop down box. Fix is not guaranteed to work for all consoles. source

I was having a big problem with those two errors, when I realized that the WEP encryption has to be set on Key 1 in order for the Wii to recognize it. It\'s the same with the DS. (via email, thanks Joseph)

I would like to add to the information you have posted that on top of what you have posted, I had to change the MTU value from 0 (Default) to 1500 witch it was in the router for the Wii to finally connect and download the updates. (via email, thanks Jose

Solution 2:

The console of my girlfriend had this error code and none of your solutions could help, but I found another one: I had to put in the IP manually because the Router's DHCP-Server didn't work. (thanks Jan)

Solution 3: (thanks Tim)

I originally received the 52030 error code, followed the directions from this site but could only get MTU to 1492 (Linksys 802.11B router, too lazy to look up the number).

Connected for about 5 minutes, was downloading the update, got to 100% then gave me the same error code. Went back in, recreated the connection, worked, went to download update, this time it got to 60% and just stopped. My ISP was fine but the download simply wouldn\'t progress. Hardbooted the Wii, reset the internet connection and nothing. Tried multiple times with same result, Error Code 52230.

Had been having other problems with my router so I figured that was the source, headed over to Wal-Mart (yippy!), picked up a Linksys 802.11G router, plugged in and everything worked without a hitch.

Moral of this story...buy a new router and plead to your significant other, But honey, look how cool the Wii-Weather Channel is! later. TOTALLY worth it.

Solution 4: (thanks Sasa)

I love my Wii. The only thing I hated initially was the network setup. I kept getting the error code 52030. I have a DLink 624 router (hardware reversion C). I fixed my Wii connection problem by upgrading my firmware to 2.76 and setting the wireless router setting to SuperG without Turbo on Channel 11.

Try turning your fire wall off it works for my, it was blocking the wii getting online.