Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

what is .... music?

what is good music?

what is bad music?

what makes you characterize music in a certain way?

Favorite Answer

Music is the art of sound. Expanding on that, music is creative expression through sound.

Good music sounds good, bad music sounds bad, haha. Not too hard. Really though, good and bad music is subjective. I think that good music should have great vocals, deep lyrics, amazing instrumentation, etc... bad music is the exact opposite.

As long as it's artistic, it's music in my books.

Music to me is beautiful.. I'm not into any modern types of musis.. I'm more of an 80's-90's kind of girl. The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, RHCP, The Eagles, Kiss, Talking Heads.. I honestly think I have the best taste in music ever. I thank my father for that.

I like a good beat, good vocals, nice guitar and drums. The way they all clash together is unbelievable. And it's amazing what you come up with when you put those things together.

Everyone has their own choice. If a person like one music and another person dislike the same music because they have different taste about the music. If a Music feels happy to anyone then it is good music for him and on the same way if it's feels panic then it is bad music for him. This small small things tells that exactly what kind of person he/she is.

He then became part of a contemporary school of composers and demonstrated the same thing with them. Then he developed his own style with it's own system of theory almost completely divorced from conventional theory. The most successful music for it's time is music in a popular style with just enough originality to make it interesting. Music can be too original so as to be over the heads of most people. Such music is not widely accepted in it's own time but appreciated later.

No one has come up with a solid definition for music. As for what is good and what is bad: there are two standards; popular appeal and academic achievement. There are composers whose music appeals to people and so they listen to it. But then there are those such as Arnold Schoenberg who while in school demonstrated an ability not only to readily pick up on the style of any composer contemporary or past but could beat that composer at that composer's own game. He then became part of a contemporary school of composers and demonstrated the same thing with them. Then he developed his own style with it's own system of theory almost completely divorced from conventional theory. The most successful music for it's time is music in a popular style with just enough originality to make it interesting. Music can be too original so as to be over the heads of most people. Such music is not widely accepted in it's own time but appreciated later.

Matters on the person everyone likes different music . Good music in my opinion is something with rhythm deep lyrics that have a meaning behind them and get you thinking not just stuff talking about guns drugs and girls like all this music is about now.

"Good music" is any sound that is pleasing to the ear. "Bad music" is something dissonant to the ear. dissonance can be found in the 12 tone row style of music, but that's a compositional style some people like. Unwanted music, like a door slam or tapping on a desk, is dissonant and is considered bad. good music is something that you listen to and are like, "Wow, that sounds cool" I personally listen to practically everything and am tolerant to all types of music but I do have preferences and no it's not Beethoven, although I am a music major :p anyways, I hope this helps. but the science is mainly just the sound waves.

dont let any of the amswers to this trick question fool u . music is too univrrsal to ever be designated a term such as baf or good. music is as old as man, now think , would u like a cavemsns music? would he like urs? think hard, cause maybe he would, as u mighy, so in this scenario, who has the ultimate last word to ne sble to finally fecide one music is good, the othrt, bsf. too subjevtibe my friend, is there a food that is inhetently nsd, is someoned sex good in vomparison to someone elsed,? is one race good while snother takes on the irreprable lable as bad. too subjective my friend. wont fly now, not ever. smooch

music is beautiful music is life music is lovely

My definition for good music is complicated.

My definition of bad music is just of personal preference.

Personal preference.

I just listen to what I like.