My computer displays the message "Error reading KERNEL. You must reinstall Windows." How do you do it?

My computer displays the message "Error reading KERNEL. You must reinstall Windows." How do you reinstall it?

NOTE: Our Windows is Windows 98.

Favorite Answer

Well, without the recovery disks you're pretty much out of luck...Since microsoft no longer supports 98. So it will be very hard to find a re-installation cd for 98...

I even have theory a similar ingredient many cases, yet I do constantly ask 'could I ask you a query' of clerks in shops ... this gets their interest in the direction of me, not in the direction of folding outfits or including numbers or some thing else. I additionally say i could desire to ask a 'rather stupid' question, because of the fact for some reason once I say that the guy i'm asking constantly thinks i'm asking an exceedingly clever question ... As for the final question, I even have in basic terms ignored many busses by utilizing being around the line whilst it glided by utilizing, and have been waiting there for fifteen to thirty minutes, and that i could decide directly to kick the questioner interior the teeth whilst they ask if the bus has come yet ... for a similar reason. often times, i'm going to tell the guy the different bus that has long previous by utilizing as the thank you to get my 'small anger' out ... yet discover that the bus they needed is the only that left 3 minutes in the past their arrival. What gets me is they seem to think of I ought to have 'held' that bus for them, even nonetheless i've got by no skill even seen them in the past. those people are not in basic terms 'stupid' ... they are so self based i ask your self why they don't 'power' ... appropriate off a cliff!

• Simple! Reinstall Windows 98

or..

buy a new PC

Do you have Wiondows 98 disk? If so, put it in the drive and if it does not "autorun" click on Start and Run and then type d:setup (if your cd drive is D, if not , substitute your drive designation instead of D. Follow the on-screen directions.

Learn how to Fix Computer Errors:

<-http://fix-errors.remove-junk.com

Good luck!