How do I start the conversation?

Hey there, I would like to talk to this girl on the telephone. The problem is, I do not know what to talk to her about. I have a lot of interests: politics, playing music, building models, speaking German, and listening to conservative talk radio (Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity). I do not know what I shoud talk about with her. I do not even know if she is in to any of those things. How can I make the telephone call seem less awkward and more pleasant? Help me.

Favorite Answer

You could... say something in German, and then when she goes, "Uh, what?" teach her some words.

Say a quote from Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity..

That's all I can think of.

Sorry.

hmm... this one is a toughie for me as well seeing as how I still have conversation issues. But I guess you should start out with talking to her in person. People connect better when their face to face. If you can't talk to her that way, then try to ask her question about what she's into. its ok to crack a few jokes once in a while once you both get to talking. (but only if your witty with them. Don't try something you know you can't do) Ask her what type of music she likes to listen to. If you guys find the same genre interesting ask her which artists or bands she likes and vice versa. It will always be a struggle to carry on a conversation with someone you don't know that well, the trick is to not back down or give up. The best thing to do, though, is be yourself and take a leap towards talking to her. But please, look before you decide to leap, jump too far and the ocnversation will becaom akward for both you and her.

well, i don`t speak english but understand your answer, translate my write in english...

R- Relajate, lo mas importante para que puedas entablar una conversaciòn con quien sea es que seas principalmente tu mismo, que te quites de encima el hecho de que apenas se conocen, has como si se conocieran de siempre para que los nervios se te quiten, trata de hacerle ver que te interesas por lo que a ella le gusta. Suerte.