im a 43 year old female & all my joints ach.What is good for this?

my knees swell off & on & my hips ach.It switches sides & my abkles swell.When i get up in the morning or when i get up from a chair i cant walk.I stiffen up.What could be causing this?& what foods help this problem?

Favorite Answer

Doesn't getting old suck? Some of your aches and pains could be just normal aging, but you shouldn't have swelling <that is an inflammation response> Could be arthritis or you might have some kind of auto immune disease. Why not go in for a check up? Try taking a glucosamine, and chondroitin with some Aleve or Advil. A multivitamin wouldn't hurt either. Light stretching and exercise may help too. They have those heat packs for knees and backs for the discomfort and helps prevent getting stiff. As far as food goes: I have heard foods with ginger help. Check out this website it has some diets on the arthritis page. www.medicinenet.com. Hope your feel better soon. Good luck.

Consider taking a glucosamine supplement. Glucosamine is derived from shellfish, so if you have an allergy to this, stay away! It has been noted to increase the health of your joints and to increase your body's ability to repair them. There are different glucosamine complexes: glucosamine-sulfate, glucosamine-chondroitin, glucosamine-MSM. There may be more. I am not positive about the differences between them, so I won't discuss them. You may want to try the last one because I think it helps reduce swelling and pain.

It sounds like your joints are in poor condition because they haven't been properly trained and/or utilized. I would recommend you do some light to moderate exercising - this will impact your joints, alerting your body that it needs to pad these areas. When you have more cushioning around your joints they can bear more weight. Follow this by A LOT of stretching. Stretching your muscles helps take the tension off of your joints and also increases joint flexibility and bodily circulation. Since muscles and joints are in close proximity, the health of one affects the health of the other. Sorry this is so long.

In summation: GLUCOSAMINE, EXERCISE, STRETCH.

P.S: Minute Maid now makes an orange juice with glucosamine.

Personally I hate taking tablets and I started looking into alternatives. I found a product that was 100% natural and only used eucalyptus, tea tree, vanilla and olive oil. It is the fastest selling pain relief oil in Australia and also has a money back guarantee. It is used for ALL types of arthritis and muscular pain relief. The Chinese Olympic squad are even using it. I got mine here http://elmoreoil.co.uk and you can read about the Chinese Olympic squad here http://medical.presslib.com/chiropractic/847844.ht...

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me and thousands of others. The Australian home site is http://elmoreoil.com.au

Sounds like my symptoms and I have arthritis (I'm 38). I take glucosamin EVERY DAY (you have to or it won't work) and it keeps me moving freely. I also take one Aleve when I feel stiff and it works like a charm. It you have rheumatoid arthritis (different from osteo arthritis) your doctor will prescribe something else.

Either way, proper diet and exercise really does help.

God bless.