best description of nutrition?

what is the longest and most indepth description of nutrition you can give me? thanks alot :P

Favorite Answer

Nutrition is the provision, to cells and organisms, of the materials necessary (in the form of food) to support life. Many common health problems can be prevented or alleviated with good nutrition.

The diet of an organism refers to what it eats. Dietitians are health professionals who specialize in human nutrition, meal planning, economics, preparation, and so on. They are trained to provide safe, evidence-based dietary advice and management to individuals (in health and disease), as well as to institutions.

Poor diet can have an injurious impact on health, causing deficiency diseases such as scurvy, beriberi, and kwashiorkor; health-threatening conditions like obesity and metabolic syndrome, and such common chronic systemic diseases as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis.

Nutritional science investigates the metabolic and physiological responses of the body to diet. With advances in the fields of molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics, the study of nutrition is increasingly concerned with metabolism and metabolic pathways, the sequences of biochemical steps through which the many substances of living things change from one form to another.

The human body contains chemical compounds, such as water, carbohydrates (sugar, starch, and fiber), amino acids (in proteins), fatty acids (in lipids), and nucleic acids (DNA/RNA). These compounds, in turn, consist of elements such as carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, manganese, and so on. All of these chemical compounds and elements occur in various forms and combinations (e.g. hormones/vitamins, phospholipids, hydroxyapatite), both in the human body and in organisms (e.g. plants, animals) that humans eat.

The human body consists of elements and compounds ingested, digested, absorbed, and circulated through the bloodstream. Except in the unborn fetus, it is the digestive system which carries out the first steps in feeding the cells of the body. In a typical adult, about seven liters of digestive juices enter the lumen of the digestive tract. They break chemical bonds in ingested molecules and modulate their conformations and energy states. Though some molecules are absorbed into the bloodstream unchanged, digestive processes release them from the matrix of foods in which they occur. Unabsorbed matter is excreted in the feces.

Studies of nutritional status must take into account the state of the body before and after experiments, as well as the chemical composition of the diet and the products of excretion. Comparing the food to the waste can help determine the specific compounds and elements absorbed in the body. Their effects may only be discernible after an extended period of time, during which all food and waste must be analyzed. The number of variables involved in such experiments is high, making nutritional studies time-consuming and expensive, which explains why the science of human nutrition is still slowly evolving.

In general, eating a wide variety of fresh, whole (unprocessed), foods has proven favourable compared to monotonous diets based on processed foods. In particular, the consumption of whole plant foods slows digestion and provides higher amounts, and a more favourable balance, of essential nutrients per Calorie, resulting in better management of cell growth, maintenance, and mitosis (cell division), as well as better regulation of appetite and blood sugar. Regularly scheduled meals (every few hours) have also proven more wholesome than infrequent, haphazard ones.

1 Overview

2 Nutrients

2.1 Carbohydrates

2.2 Fat

2.3 Fibre

2.4 Protein

2.5 Minerals

2.6 Vitamins

2.7 Water

2.8 Other nutrients

2.8.1 Antioxidants

2.8.2 Essential fatty acids

2.8.3 Phytochemicals

2.9 Intestinal bacterial flora

2.10 Balanced diet

2.11 Junk food

3 Sports nutrition

3.1 Protein

3.2 Water and salts

3.3 Carbohydrates

4 Longevity

4.1 Whole plant food diet

4.2 The French "paradox"

5 Malnutrition

5.1 Illnesses caused by improper nutrient consumption

5.2 Mental agility

5.3 Mental disorders

5.4 Cancer

5.5 Metabolic syndrome

5.6 Hyponatremia

6 Processed foods

7 Advice and guidance

7.1 Governmental policies

7.2 Teaching

8 History

8.1 Antiquity through 1900

8.2 1900 through 1941

links to above and lots more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrition

The taking in, breaking down, absorbing and assimilating nutrients, which are organic substances and mineral ions that provide raw materials and energy for growth and tissue repair.

https://www.dietitianusa.com

Finally... A Simple, Effective System That Anyone Can Follow With Success. The Nutrition Renegade System Is Not A Diet But An Easy To Follow No Nonsense Solution. 4 Modules Over 30 Days With Video, Audio, Transcripts, Workbooks, Action Guides, And Tools.

and then “I was one of those people who had tried unsuccessfully to take my weight off and keep it off. I was over 211 pounds, had been down to as low as 160 pounds and then skyrocketed back up to over 230 pounds. I am a 5’3 female so you can imagine what this must have looked like. I spent years following programs that counted calories or points or had me pretty much starve myself.. and then every time spend for mediation. some people asking What I really wanted was to look in the mirror and not be horrified… I wasn’t looking to be a supermodel. I just wanted to be happy with how I looked. Not only that but my doctor advised me that I was at an extremely high risk for various diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. With two kids this kept me up at night .so this down link more information details for The Nutrition you read and link and buy..

Autotropic nutrition is a variety of nutrition wherein, an organisms makes it very own nutrition from straightforward organic and organic supplies like Carbon Dioxide and water. EX:- All bushes and Algae

You can find some articles here:

http://www.olivenutrition.net

homo