What is that 1970s/80s movie about the kid that gets taken by a UFO and then comes back years in the future?

I can NOT remember the title of this movie. I remember watching it when I was little and that was it. I do think it was a 1970s or 1980s movie. Possibly early 1990s, but the special effects were that of 70's and 80's. Basically I remember that it was about this kid that was taken by a flying saucer(or... show more I can NOT remember the title of this movie. I remember watching it when I was little and that was it. I do think it was a 1970s or 1980s movie. Possibly early 1990s, but the special effects were that of 70's and 80's.

Basically I remember that it was about this kid that was taken by a flying saucer(or UFO). The UFO has an AI robot eye thing that talks to him and whatnot and there were a few weird but cute creatures in cages.

Then he is returned home but it is something like 10 years in the future or something. He is taken to a place where he gets his brainwaves scanned and the scans come out as the shape of the UFO.

In the mean time, the government(or NASA) found the UFO and takes it to a base.

The UFO is big and Chrome. And if my memory serves me, its sort of Walnut Shaped.

Blah I REALLY want to see this movie again, but Can not find it anywhere!