What is that 1970s/80s movie about the kid that gets taken by a UFO and then comes back years in the future?

I can NOT remember the title of this movie. I remember watching it when I was little and that was it. I do think it was a 1970s or 1980s movie. Possibly early 1990s, but the special effects were that of 70's and 80's.

Basically I remember that it was about this kid that was taken by a flying saucer(or UFO). The UFO has an AI robot eye thing that talks to him and whatnot and there were a few weird but cute creatures in cages.

Then he is returned home but it is something like 10 years in the future or something. He is taken to a place where he gets his brainwaves scanned and the scans come out as the shape of the UFO.

In the mean time, the government(or NASA) found the UFO and takes it to a base.

The UFO is big and Chrome. And if my memory serves me, its sort of Walnut Shaped.

Blah I REALLY want to see this movie again, but Can not find it anywhere!

Favorite Answer

Definately Flight of the Navigator

Flight of the Navigator (1986)

starring Joey Cramer, Paul Reubens (voice of Max), Veronica Cartwright, Cliff De Young, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matt Adler, Howard Hesseman

"Flight of the Navigator" is a 1986 Disney science fiction film about a 12-year-old boy, David, who is abducted by an alien spacecraft. Due to time dilation, David is gone for only a few hours, but when he is returned to Earth, eight years have gone by. David has no memory of his abduction and finds the world, and his family to have changed drastically. He eventually winds up at NASA to discover what happened. There he reunites with the ship.

Wikipedia has the plot summary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_the_Navigat...

Here's a great site that includes pictures and info about the DVD:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/flightofthenavigator...

Normally, I would use IMDB, only it's not responding! *sigh*

Awesome movie, Flight of the Navigator, I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid.

Maybe Back to the Future