The term "Great Depression' is an Oxymoron.. that took the sting out of it's legacy...?

we tend to soft sell things that upset us.. Like "The great depression" ... trust me it wasn't great.. but what most people have not been able to grasp is that ..when we went through the depression, right up to the day that the stock market crashed.. people, like the idiots in here, were... show more we tend to soft sell things that upset us.. Like "The great depression" ... trust me it wasn't great.. but what most people have not been able to grasp is that ..when we went through the depression, right up to the day that the stock market crashed.. people, like the idiots in here, were saying.."Calm down" 'There is no worries" ..then when it hit, many many people lost everything, and them that had little to begin with ...died. One of the best kept secrets of the 20th century was the "plague' that accompanied the depression... Starvation, Rape, Murder, all went through the roof, with much of it going un-attended, and un-prosecuted.
we're on the verge of an economic crash.. quite possibly worse than the Depression.. when that happened, we didn't have the debt that we have now.. and the agriculture was still family based. The average food item travels 3000 miles from where it is grown to your plate. when the trucks stop.. the food will be gone very quickly.

do you own a Gun ?
Update: and can you hunt? Fish? grow food?...????
because your Latte ain't gonna be there, and your Televisions are going to be off.. when the shithits the fan..
what will you do ?
Update 2: yes but in peoples minds if you understand linguistics.. the word great, mean good.. obviously it meant massive.. but the remaining phrase is "Great depression"... trust me ..the average American 20 something only knows that times were tough, they have no concept of what their great grandparents went... show more yes but in peoples minds if you understand linguistics.. the word great, mean good.. obviously it meant massive.. but the remaining phrase is "Great depression"... trust me ..the average American 20 something only knows that times were tough, they have no concept of what their great grandparents went through..
Update 3: Acerbic hit it right on the head "The stock market crash of 1929 was caused by mass specualtion and unregulated markets. In fact prices were inflated on hysteria, than actual revenue/profit numbers, etc that are required to be disclosed by law in quarterly filed sec reports." you mean like the Dollar... show more Acerbic hit it right on the head
"The stock market crash of 1929 was caused by mass specualtion and unregulated markets. In fact prices were inflated on hysteria, than actual revenue/profit numbers, etc that are required to be disclosed by law in quarterly filed sec reports."

you mean like the Dollar and the price of crude right ?.. because we're there right now...
so thanks again.
Update 4: ideogenic.... just asked my wife randomly.."Honey, if I say great, what's the first thing you think of" ? and she said.."super", I said try again, "Great-Stuff", "Good" "Awesome" "Happy" ... the word great is forever connected to a breakfast... show more ideogenic....
just asked my wife randomly.."Honey, if I say great, what's the first thing you think of" ? and she said.."super", I said try again, "Great-Stuff", "Good" "Awesome" "Happy" ...

the word great is forever connected to a breakfast cereal in the minds of Americans..

"Theeeeey're Great" !

your command of the language is excellent, ..so you'll understand when ask you not to be ...Obtuse.