Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Boyfriend and drugs...?

Okay so I started going out with this guys about 2 months ago and he smoked and did other drugs. He found out I didn't like that and he stopped, well thats what he said. His brother still does it and his friends too. He promises and swears he doesn't do it anymore. I really want to trust him but people that know of him say that he does drugs, I always stick up for him and say that he doesn't anymore but I am kind of sick hearing it. I have asked him a bunch of times if he does and he promises he doesn't. What should I do/believe?

Favorite Answer

Wow, I've been right in your shoes, it's hard. If you have true feeling for him ride it out the best you can. I have a similar experience, but not exactly. So the only drugs that I had tried as of July 2007, was smoking lots of pot [no biggie] and I had been seeing this guy for about 2 months, had no clue he was doing speed and cocaine, I was just simply naive. Somehow I got mixed up in the speed scene as well, trying to hide it from him was un-successful, eventually I ended up doing it with him as well, few times matter of fact. I began to see my self slipping, spending a fat portion of my pay check on an eight-ball every week, I told him that I really wanted to stop, but I needed his help. THE VERY NEXT DAY after our agreement, he was high on meth, sure enough i got hooked back on coke, it all really came close to tearing us apart, but I felt so much for him, he meant the world to me, and more. It took time, lots of lie, lots of confessions, lots of tears, loss of friends, but we managed to break away. He realized now that we saved each other, he thanks me so much, he didn't know how he was going to get out of the mess, but he found love, it took time, but the turn around was made. He was far worse off into dope than I was, he realized now, he was going to ruin his life, for DRUGS. Please stay with the boy, really truely let him know how you feel, despite how much it hurts you to admit, or hurts him to hear, he needs to know, even if y'all don't end up together permanently, he will allways admire you and respect you highly for your concern and devotion to him, regardless of his carelessness. I know he tells you he's off the gack, but it's the whole tweaking game, lies.lies.lies.and more-lies! hang in there for him, good karma will over power you in the long run, I know

I'm only 16, but please don't give up on him, it's really sad to see someone in the end that you could have helped, after they've already been shattered.

• buphie

Well it is a simple choice, either you trust your boyfriend to tell you the truth until you have evidence, visual confirmation otherwise or you believe other people. You shouldn't care what other people think, but chances are he may still do drugs when he isn't with you. That is not something people easily give up if they enjoy doing them. And he may resent you later if he really did give them up for you. I would tell him what you keep hearing, make sure that he doesn't feel like you are going to break up with him if you find out he is doing drugs still, but make sure that he knows truth is very important. He needs to be honest with you. But the bottom line is that if you can't trust him or believe what he is telling you then you should dump him. You need to be able to trust your boyfriend. IMHO

why don't u start going to hang out with him more. Or spy on him. Maybe really see. Boys are liars and that's the truth. But not all of them some are some are mean, some are beautiful some are ugly some are truthful other are liars. Just spy on him and hang out with him more and if he smells like he's been drinking or something then u should know.

If he is still hanging out with his druggie buddies and his brother who still gets high, then chances are that he is still getting high himself. I know you want to believe him, but the key to finding out the truth is to watch him and if his habits haven't changed then he's still getting high. Look for the same behaviors that he had while he was doing drugs, (like being broke a lot and having disappearing acts) and if you can see a pattern, then you can connect the dots. Hopefully you are right and he's not getting high, but don't be fooled and don't blind yourself to the truth if he is. ';-)

• if you love him then you can trust him on your own without us telling you to.

and you should trust him if he has made that big a sacrifice for you and you dont even believe in him he is going to "get sick" of you, for not trusting him.

you dont need worry about what other people say they are just trying to cause problems because they are jealous and they want him.

if your sick of hearing it then just walk away.

well, as a rule, Id say its best to not ever get involved w/ someone who smokes, drinks alot, does drugs.. the chances that he has really given it up are very unlikely. sorry, but, I think you need to raise your standards & find a guy who is more responsible about life-

the sad thing now adays is that people lie all the time and people betray all trust all the time. If you want to believe him, then go for it, but be careful. Otherwise you could ask him to prove it to you in some way.

Well first of all drugs are addicting to some people, so I wouldn't be so trustworthy yet. You can't conquer anything if he says i don't do drugs and you believe him.

If he did drugs before you got together, and you knew it then what do you expect?? Did you honestly think you could change him? I think you have been reading too many romance novels sister...find you a new one.

No, I wouldn't believe him unless I was with him constntly making sure and checking up on him. Ask his parents maybe?!