Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

What is the avg. cost of a roll of SOD?

What measurement does 1 roll of Sod usually come in?

I'm trying to figure out if I can afford to have an area of my yards lawn replaced with Sod.

Thanks,

Peace

Favorite Answer

Sodded lawns are expensive, costing anywhere from 14 cents per sq. ft. to as much as 50-60 cents per sq. ft. And that cost may not even include the site preparations. Much of the cost (usually at least 50%) depends on if you are going to do the work yourself, or have a commercial sodding company do the grassing work. Generally the rule of thumb is that sodded lawns are about 20 times as expensive as a seeded lawn, and 10 times more expensive than a sprigged or plugged lawn.

Sod itself costs in the range of 8-30 cents sq. ft. depending on sod kind and variety and the quantities you will purchase. Also where you can buy the sod determines the price. Many times there may be a local a sod producer in your area that will sell to you at wholesale prices ,compared to full retail prices at a local garden center. It pays both to shop around and then to also inspect the sod at your choice of sod supplier if possible. Quality of sod unfortunately can vary considerably from producer to producer.

In terms of the measurements, the 'average' size that you would find at your local garden center/home improvement store will typically be 6.25 square feet. Professional landscape companies get it in larger rolls simply because they have more demand for it.

Hope that helps you out!

• cregar

Sod Rolls

A week is a pretty long time to keep rolled up sod. You should put it down asap. Just water it real well, and even though it may be a little dry and maybe have some yellow spots, once you lay it down on a good rough foundation, water it well and try to roll something over the sod or put boards down on the top after laying it down and walk on the boards. Take the boards up and water everyday for at least a couple of hours.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the avg. cost of a roll of SOD?

Thanks,

Peace

Source(s): avg cost roll sod: https://biturl.im/F7q3n

Home Depot Sod Prices

I would say call Home Depot/Lowe's as they seem to get better pricing.Last year my supplier wanted $4.60 a roll and I went to HD and bought the exact same stuff (same supplier) for $3.12 a roll.Pays to call around.

Good Luck