Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 decade ago

amazon.com?

why is it that when i go on amazon.com for the past 1hour it says http1.1 service unavailble. can you tell me why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Online retailer Amazon.com Inc said its U.S. website was down for about 2 hours on Friday and it was unclear when service would be restored in full.

A spokeswoman for Amazon said the site was unavailable starting at around 13:25 a.m. EDT, but declined to specify the cause.

Users in the United States who tried signing onto the popular portal saw a message saying the service was unavailable.

Amazon's international sites, such as amazon.co.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.de, were not affected, nor were its Web services, the spokeswoman said. Two hours after the outage, some users were able to access the site intermittently.

• 1 decade ago

There seems to be some problem with it. At first, I thought it could be a problem with my computer but I guess everyone is having the same issues right now.

• 1 decade ago

The site is down at the moment, keep checking regularly, maybe it will be back!

edit: back up already :)

• 1 decade ago

It has to be down, I was just there this morning....now I can't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's possible that their server is down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

THE INTERNET IS GOING DOWN! HOLD YOUR BREATH>

• 1 decade ago

it may be reconstructed

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i broke it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.