Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 decade ago

amazon.com?

why is it that when i go on amazon.com for the past 1hour it says http1.1 service unavailble. can you tell me why?

Favorite Answer

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Online retailer Amazon.com Inc said its U.S. website was down for about 2 hours on Friday and it was unclear when service would be restored in full.

A spokeswoman for Amazon said the site was unavailable starting at around 13:25 a.m. EDT, but declined to specify the cause.

Users in the United States who tried signing onto the popular portal saw a message saying the service was unavailable.

Amazon's international sites, such as amazon.co.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.de, were not affected, nor were its Web services, the spokeswoman said. Two hours after the outage, some users were able to access the site intermittently.

There seems to be some problem with it. At first, I thought it could be a problem with my computer but I guess everyone is having the same issues right now.

The site is down at the moment, keep checking regularly, maybe it will be back!

edit: back up already :)

It has to be down, I was just there this morning....now I can't.

It's possible that their server is down.

THE INTERNET IS GOING DOWN! HOLD YOUR BREATH>

it may be reconstructed

i broke it