Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

Can anyone get on amazon.com right now? Or is it unavailable for everyone?

hi there O_O

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Online retailer Amazon.com Inc said its U.S. website was down for about 2 hours on Friday and it was unclear when service would be restored in full.

A spokeswoman for Amazon said the site was unavailable starting at around 13:25 a.m. EDT, but declined to specify the cause.

Users in the United States who tried signing onto the popular portal saw a message saying the service was unavailable.

Amazon's international sites, such as amazon.co.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.de, were not affected, nor were its Web services, the spokeswoman said. Two hours after the outage, some users were able to access the site intermittently.

• 1 decade ago

Oh-oh. Not working. Anyone from Amazon? HELLO!?

What should we do?

10 min later:

There is a Amazon.com hot line toll free for US 1-866-216-1072 or for International customers 1-206-266-2992 where you can actually talk to a person. They say they can fix it within an hour.

• 1 decade ago

Service unavailable! I've never seen this happen, though it apparently went down in August 2006.

• 1 decade ago

Down for me right now. Probably due to the new Playstation 3 bundle that was available for pre-order for all of 2 minutes. I know it crashed, shortly after it showed up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Nope can't get amazon's site to come up all I get is this...Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

• 1 decade ago

Amazon.com continues to be offline, now for over an hour. No news on why has been posted yet.

Tom (L.A.)

• 1 decade ago

Says unavailable for me also :(

• no it says: Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

• 1 decade ago

Apparently stock prices are down and no one is available for comment. Nice.

I found this news blurb about it...

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/amazoncom-we...

• Judy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I can't get on amazon right now. I was worried, because I'm a bookseller.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.