callahan auto parts?

Why is this phrase funny? I see it on websites that sell funny t-shirts and I just don't get it. thanks!

Favorite Answer

In the movie "Tommy Boy" starring Chris Farley and David Spade, Tommy Boy (Chris Farley) inherits his dads auto-part company (Callahan auto-parts) and he must sell half a million brake pads or the company will go out of business. This is an uber funny movie, and everyone I know loves it. Callahan auto-parts isn't actually real, it's from a funny movie, that's why everyone thinks it's funny.

Frosty does deserve best answer. i guess i was wrong about thinking that i deserved it.

By the way- the asker asked why callahan auto-part shirts are so funny. They did not ask for a movie summary or review.

Source(s): me
  • ?

Callahan Auto Parts

• Frosty

It's the name of the company in Chris Farley's "Tommy Boy."

Here's a synopsis from "IMDB:"

"Tommy Callahan Jr. [Chris Farley] is a slow-witted, clumsy guy who recently graduated college after attending for seven years. His father, Big Tom Callahan, owns an auto parts factory in Ohio [named Callahan Auto Parts]. When Tommy arrives back home, he finds he has a position at the factory waiting for him. His dad also introduces Tommy to the new brake pad division of the factory and to Tommy's soon-to-be stepmother, Beverly, and her son Paul. But when Big Tom dies, the factory threatens to go under unless the new brake pads are to be sold. Therefore, Tommy must go on the road to sell them, along with the assistance of Richard [David Spade], Big Tom's right-hand man. Will Tommy save the company, or will the factory, and the town, go under?"

*EDIT*

Well, since "John S" is begging why don't I? I'll convince you using quotes from the HILARIOUS stylings of the late, great, Chris Farley.

First, an insincere humorous threat to "John S."

Mike Donnelly from Black Sheep:

"... young fella, I'm gonna twist off your head and spike it onto the floor so for a nightmare you can't even imagine, I will gasp at you inside the 6 sided winds of fire, unless you move from this area, far and fast, NOW!"

Now, to better explain WHY I should be awarded the 10 points.

From Tommy Boy:

Chris Farley (Tommy): ... I'll tell you what, you can take a good look at a butcher's a** by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?

Auto Store Manager: ... what, I am having trouble making the connection here ...

Chris Farley: ... no, I mean you can take a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's a**, but then ... no, it's got to be your bull ...

David Spade (Richard): ... wow ...

Its from the movie Tommy Boy-its the company that was the subject of the movie