I need a boy's and girl's name that is Latin, but also has an English version.?

My boyfriend is Portuguese and I really want my kids to have names that are nice in both Portuguese and English. They will have a Portuguese surname (Andrade- "And-rah-dee"), so the English name has to match. Any ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Kaybay
    Favorite Answer

uh! I had the same problem! My husband is from Uruguay and my family still mostly lives in England so it was difficult. anyway we chose Katia (cat-ee-a) for our daughter and her middle name is Laura which was my mothers name but is also a latin name. We also like Eva but pronounced with a soft E not a hard E like the E in ForEver. and we like Raquel the Spanish form of Rachel. For boys we like Gabriel and David there is also Miguel the Spanish form of Michael or Marcos the Spanish form of Mark. I wish I could say more but I forgot most of them that we had found. Good luck I bet your baby will be GORGEOUS!

GIRLS:

Katia

Eva

Raquel

Laura

BOYS:

Gabriel

David

Miquel

Marcos

Aura Renee Andrade

Adrian Marcos Andrade

Roza and Rozio

Or Rosa

Lumen and Light

Roman and Roma

• Pablo and Adrian

Julius and Julia

Andrea

Angel

Andres

Adrianna

Paola

Sorry all i could think of. Good Luck!