Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What do you think of Mike Gravel censuring Hillary and Obama on the Iran vote?

Lol..The infamous Hillary cackle ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3gQfz8GC0o

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Yes youre right Uptown. And they are the only 2 who oppose US interventionist foreign policy. You will get war with either Barack or McCain..The American public loses again...

Beta:Lol, what? I never stated that Gravel censured Obama for voting for it. Obviously, we both see from the tape that Obama wasnt even there to vote on it, typical ;) The case could be argued that maybe senator Obama did not think the bill important for some reason if he didnt show up, but my point is that i never said that.

Obama said that he would vote against war funding, then flip flopped and voted for EVERY single bill to fund the war. He also voted for the Patriot Act.

Look at these 2 quotes from Obama;

Obama in July 2004: 'There’s not much of a difference between my position and George Bush’s position [on Iraq] at this stage.' In a meeting with Chicago Tribune reporters at the Democratic National Convention, Obama said, “On Iraq, on paper, there's not as much difference, I think, between the Bush administration and a Kerry administration as there would have been a year ago. […] There's not much of a difference between my position and George Bush's position at this stage. The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to execute.” [Chicago Tribune, 07/27/04]

Obama on 2002 Iraq resolution vote: 'What would I have done? I don't know:'

And no, I do not agree that attacking Iran is a good idea or justified in any sense.

There is no evidence to suggest that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons

Beta: He DID seem quite unhappy at both of them. Hillary for voting yes, and Obama for not showing up

• Uptown
    Favorite Answer

How many votes did Mike Gravel win?

Mike Gravel and Ron Paul have a lot in common, they are both unelectable.

I guess I missed the part where Gravel censures Obama or where Obama supported the Iran resolution. Oh wait, neither one occurred. But you will continue to hate on him, despite his consistent opposition to the war (from the start) and his position on Iran, which you seem to agree with. There is only one anti-war candidate with a chance to win in this election., Would I trust Ron Paul to be anti-war more? Sure. But he is probably not running and has not shot at being elected.

EDIT - LOL? You are going to LOLcano me buddy.

Take a look at the title of your question once again. Take a look at it carefully. And now you say with a straight face

"I never stated that Gravel censured Obama for voting for it."

What the heck did you mean? This is like shooting fish in a barrel...

Very simple, the "mainstream" candidates are all OWNED by the Military Industrial Complex.

The War Profiteers will have their way

no matter who gets elected, as long as

its one of the Media's favorites!

He needs to sit down and just vote in november.

I liked it. It doesn't change anything though.