How much charge can I safely pump into my batteries at a time?

I have ten 200 Amp batteries. They're massive, 68kgs. Deep cycle Gel batteries. In my inverter the charger is rated at 85amps, what is the safest amount of charge that I can pump into them at a time. I heard you get past 80 and it starts becomming dangerous amounts to charge that much at a time? Is this true?... show more I have ten 200 Amp batteries. They're massive, 68kgs. Deep cycle Gel batteries. In my inverter the charger is rated at 85amps, what is the safest amount of charge that I can pump into them at a time. I heard you get past 80 and it starts becomming dangerous amounts to charge that much at a time? Is this true? Can I have more than 85? Basically I want to charge the batteries as fast as possible when the generator is on.

Thanks for any help you can give.

If it helps, the inverter is a Outback 3 kva inverter and the batteries are 200A Victron batteries, the generator is a 10kva.

thanks for the help.
Update: Also it's a 24volt system operating.
Update 2: Also didn't think of temperature- it's on average of about 20-30 degrees celcius - all through the year. (we live on the eqautor.)