Roy asked in 藝術與人文詩詞與文學 · 1 decade ago

英國詩人 伊莉莎白巴雷特的一些問題

請問 他的作品風格 大概是什麼類型的?

還有它比較有名的座品 謝謝^^"

我英文課報告要用到 急需

Rating
  • Elisa
    Favorite Answer

請問 他的作品風格 大概是什麼類型的?

還有它比較有名的座品 謝謝^^"

我英文課報告要用到 急需

The Seraphim and Other Poems (1838), expressing Christian sentiments in the form of classical Greek tragedy.

Her Sonnets were considered one of the most widely known collections of love lyrics in English. Her imagery sometimes compared to Shakespeare and her use of the Italian form to Petrarch.

See http://www.webterrace.com/browning/sonnet2.htm for her sonnets.

Her famous one is “XLIII: How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”

Her later work consisted mostly political and social themes.

In Casa Guidi Windows (1848-51) and Poems Before Congress (1860): She expressed her intense sympathy for the struggle for the unification of Italy In 1857

Her novel “Aurora Leigh” portrayed male domination of a woman.

In her poetry she also addressed the oppression of the Italians by the Austrians, the child labor mines and mills of England , and slavery, among other social injustices.

Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With over 32 years of experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.