Best Santa Monica restaurant with ocean views...?

Hey, I've got people coming in to celebrate my birthday soon and I'm looking for a great restaurant in Santa Monica right on the beach with spectacular ocean views, and great food. I've seen a lot of answers posted that have great Santa Monica restaurants, but I can't figure out which ones have the... show more Hey, I've got people coming in to celebrate my birthday soon and I'm looking for a great restaurant in Santa Monica right on the beach with spectacular ocean views, and great food. I've seen a lot of answers posted that have great Santa Monica restaurants, but I can't figure out which ones have the best views combined with good food. We'd prefer American or Californian style food, but seafood, steak are great too.

Right now I'm leaning towards The Lobster because of the views, but I'm not sold on the menu.

Oh, and a restaurant where we can get outside seating/sunset seating would be perfect too!

Ideas anyone?
Update: Malibu locales might work in the future when I'm out with locals, but we'll coming from Glendale, CA after them flying in that day. We want something in the Santa Monica area so after dinner we want to walk around the pier. Thanks for Gladstones, though. I have it earmarked for the future... Any... show more Malibu locales might work in the future when I'm out with locals, but we'll coming from Glendale, CA after them flying in that day. We want something in the Santa Monica area so after dinner we want to walk around the pier.

Thanks for Gladstones, though. I have it earmarked for the future... Any restaurants near the pier any good?