alicia
Lv 4
alicia asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Holocaust Didn't happen? What?

We're learning about antisemitism and the Holocaust in school. My teacher, right before class ended, mentioned that there are people who believe the Holocaust didn't happen. I didn't get a chance to ask my questions.

What is the reasoning behind believing the Holocaust didn't happen?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Holocaust denial is the claim that the genocide of Jews during World War II—usually referred to as the Holocaust[1]—did not occur in the manner and to the extent described by current scholarship.

Key elements of this claim are the rejection of any of the following: that the Nazi government had a policy of deliberately targeting Jews and people of Jewish ancestry for extermination as a people; that between five and seven million Jews[1] were systematically killed by the Nazis and their allies; and that genocide was carried out at extermination camps using tools of mass murder, such as gas chambers.[2][3]

Many Holocaust deniers do not accept the term "denial" as an appropriate description of their point of view, and use the term Holocaust revisionism instead.[4] Scholars, however, prefer the term "denial" to differentiate Holocaust deniers from historical revisionists, who use established historical methodologies.[5]

Most Holocaust denial claims imply, or openly state, that the Holocaust is a hoax arising out of a deliberate Jewish conspiracy to advance the interest of Jews at the expense of other peoples.[6] For this reason, Holocaust denial is generally considered to be an antisemitic[7] conspiracy theory.[8] The methodologies of Holocaust deniers are often criticized as based on a predetermined conclusion that ignores extensive historical evidence to the contrary

The three key claims of Holocaust deniers are:[2][3]

The Nazis had no official policy or intention of exterminating Jews.

Nazis did not use gas chambers to mass murder Jews.

The figure of 5 to 7 million Jewish deaths is a gross exaggeration, and the actual number is an order of magnitude lower.

Other claims include the following:

Stories of the Holocaust were a myth initially created by the Allies of World War II to demonize Germans.[3] Jews spread this myth as part of a grander plot intended to enable the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine, and now to garner continuing support for the state of Israel.[14]

Documentary evidence of the Holocaust, from photographs to the Diary of Anne Frank, is fabricated.[3]

Survivor testimonies are filled with errors and inconsistencies, and are thus unreliable.[3]

Nazi confessions of war crimes were extracted through torture.[3]

The Nazi treatment of Jews was no different from what the Allies did to their enemies in World War II.[15]

• 1 decade ago

My understanding is that Holocaust deniers are typically neo-Nazi types who want to dispel the sympathy for the Jewish people that exists because of what they went through during the War. Without that sympathy, it would be much easier for someone to do it all over again.

It's also a reminder that people will believe the craziest things, especially if those things are for their benefit. You know, there are even people who don't accept that we landed on the Moon!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Those people that didn't believe the Holocaust happen also didn't believe other bits of history happened as well because they say that there's no physical "proof" and that it's been passed down through oral interpretation only

• 3 years ago

It did no longer ensue. Sharon S, you're a LIAR, you probably did no longer smell something. The JEWS declared conflict on Germany on March 24th, 1933; all Hitler did became into salary the conflict the JEWS asked for, and that they lost. Nazi Germany did no longer kill six million jews, the worldwide pink pass placed the dying count style at each and every of the concentration camps blended at slightly over 271000 for the size of the completed conflict! maximum of those in the direction of the top as Germany might desire to no longer feed them, many died from starvation and ailment, yet Germany nonetheless allowed help to be sent to the camps with the aid of the IRC. the U. S. killed greater harmless civilians than Germany did with 2 atomic blasts on Japan in below each and every week! international Jewry on the time became into in basic terms 14 million, the thought Hitler might have killed just about a million/2 of each and every of the jews interior the international is ludicrous. additionally, NO data exists to help those outlandish claims. the place are the alleged six million bodies? it incredibly is alot of bodies, displacing alot of mass that no one looks to have the means to locate. Eyewitness testimony from Holohoax survivors differs between jews and different political prisoners, with the jewish "reminiscences" being the main outlandish and terrible, and the main merely shown to be fake. Google "holocaust denial", and get the actuality. Why do they perpetuate the lie? means and funds. The jews have a announcing: "there is no business enterprise like Shoah business enterprise", Shoah being the jewish be conscious for holocaust. Perpetuating the lie garners sympathy and funds, maximum extremely interior the form of "Holocaust" reparations, of which few "survivors", if any, get carry of. do no longer have faith the tripe the jew-controlled government run colleges prepare you. think of for your self, and question. undergo in suggestions, historic previous is written with the aid of the victors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alissa
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

They feel that the holocaust was made up by the jews for sympathy. I don't recall everything but one of the things they claim is that the Diary of Anne Frank is fake. They claim that it was written in ball point pen and the ball point pen wasn't invented yet.

Thats all that I remember but I hope another answerer can help. I'm curious now too

• cobra
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It did happen. A friend of mine is a Neo-Nazi and does not believe it happened. Some people think it's all a Zionist conspiracy to make Hitler look bad!!!!!!!

Conspiracy theorists believe the US government caused 9-11, and that no one has ever landed on the moon....

• 1 decade ago

The Germans didn't want to believe that the holocaust occurred and it was their fault

• 1 decade ago

I think that people believe that the Holocaust didn't

happen so that they can feel better about being

involved in it. I think that typically it is only people who

were involved that try to deny it happening.

• 1 decade ago

very few people believe it didn't happen. not enough to make a difference.

• 1 decade ago

Because some people simply don't want to believe it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.