Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is there any place in Edmonton that has deep-fried ice cream?

give address and details.. please =)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am a former chef and worked in Edmonton back in the 1980's, I would check out the local Mexican places, as it is more of a common dessert with them, CHI-CHI's did make it years ago, you have to super chill the ice cream, they used a cornflake crumb coating and you fry it in a hotter fryer than usual to brown the outside without temepring the inside, that is why place do not do it or have it on the menu.

Check out the Edmonton Journal Restaurant guide, there is a guy fronm the U of A has one with good reviews and ideas, even just check on-line with the YellowPages.ca listing and call around to the places you think might be serving it.

• 1 decade ago

there are two origins on deep fried ice cream,the first is German, and the second is Spanish

try a real Mexican diner, or an old German place.

i love the German version more then the Spanish

Source(s): addicted to fried ice cream
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.