What programming languages are required to create a successful game?

A few examples are 'Habbo Hotel' , 'World of Warcraft' and 'Runescape'. I would like to know what it takes to generally create a good game like these, on my own. Habbo was created by two people alone and turned out to be a multi-million business. Runescape was created by one person, and... show more A few examples are 'Habbo Hotel' , 'World of Warcraft' and 'Runescape'.

I would like to know what it takes to generally create a good game like these, on my own. Habbo was created by two people alone and turned out to be a multi-million business. Runescape was created by one person, and World of Warcraft created by a group of people.

What programming languages is required to create a good game, and what does it take?

Please don't answer with things like 'A lot of balls' or ' A great amount of time'. These things are very obvious but I only want detailed answers please.

Also, if you can, link any website/book that will help me out learning those languages.

I'm from the UK so don't link me any American sites.
Update: To John K, thanks for the answer, but I did it explain I wanted detailed answers.