Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 decade ago

Is a TRD Suspension package on a 2002 Toyota Celica GT-S aftermarket?

My friend has a 2002 Toyota Celica GT-S. He claims that the TRD suspension package was installed by Toyota. I am telling him he is wrong, that it is an aftemarket package installed by the dealer.

Favorite Answer

TRD(Toyota Racing Development) is in house. Its not aftermarket. Just like STI, Nismo, and Mazdaspeed.

It will be an aftermarket kit, you could not buy that option for that Celica when it was brand new. But you could purchase it after you bought the car, and it was not cheap! There were no factory sold TRD Toyota Celica's ever sold.

thats an iffy situation.

With my car, SPT installs a bunch of **** on the STi.

Same with Mugen and honda.

i would say that the TRD suspension was probably put in after the car was bought. GTS didnt come with a trd suspension

It's sort of the same thing, but I know you can order other Toyotas from the factory with TRD packages, so I don't see why they wouldn't offer it as a factory install. I also don't see why it matters.