i'm going to burn off a tattoo. yep, you heard right. i really need some tips or suggestions..?

it's not big... 2 inches wide and half an inch tall. all black, and (of course) it's a name. i'm not going to a doctor to pay hundreds of dollars just so the area looks pretty afterwards. i just want it off of my body. it's located above my left elbow. i'm not the least bit worried about scarring... i just want the name off of me. if anyone has any tips (i.e. curling iron/wart remover/frying pan) it would be a lot of help. i know this sounds ridiculous, but i need to be rid of it by *any* means necessary. thanks so much.

Favorite Answer

I don't suggest burning that tattoo. Not only because it's unsafe but because this wont completely remove the tattoo. Tattoo ink is pigment that is put into your skin, burning it will only allow the ink to expand through the skin. You may not be able to see what it once said, but it will most likely become a black blob. If you want to completely remove it, you will have to burn yourself more the once, this can be dangerous and take time.

Have you considered a cover up? Any good tattoo artist can cover up a tattoo, especially names, they're easy. It's not to costly and is much less risky, then that original tattoo is gone and only you will ever know it was once there. One time and it's gone forever. If you decide to do this, I have no problem helping you find a good artist in your area...

sallykilledjack13@yahoo.com.

But id you absolutly insist on burning it. Don't use a curling iron or frying pan, these have loads of bacteria and can cause serious infections. Find a new steril metal object to heat. Make sure everything is sterilized (what your using to burn yourslef and counter tops). Clean your entire arm (not just the tattooed area) with antibacterial soap. Then burn, don't hold the heat object against skin for more than 15-20 seconds or nerve damage will occur. Wash the area again with antibacterial soap. Use a paper towel to dry and apply antibotic ointment.

Like I said, completely burning the tattoo off will take a couple trys, if it will completely burn off at all.

Be very careful, you don't want nerve damage or a severe infection.

In general when I go to a session (I'm getting a full back piece done) it costs me between $300-$360. I always consider this a tipped service, and treat it accordingly. I tip him $60 per session, or about 18-20%. For a $300 tat I would tip $45 (that's 15%) at the least. Cheers to you for finding out and being aware. Best of luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

it's not big... 2 inches wide and half an inch tall. all black, and (of course) it's a name. i'm not going to a doctor to pay hundreds of dollars just so the area looks pretty afterwards. i just want it off of my body. it's located above my left elbow. i'm not the least bit...

Source(s): 39 burn tattoo yep heard tips suggestions: https://tinyurl.im/yTB91

this is actually a method of tattoo removal practiced by experienced tattoo artists where they take a needle with a flame, like a mini flameblower to make the tattoo into a burn scar, its called scarification

as for your case, i personally would not do it to myself, id get it done by someone proffesional becuase the scarring if it does not heal properly is very harmful

theres also another meathod of scarification where a professional would carve out the tattoo out of your skin so that heals as a scar too

but if it is two inches wide, you could prolly just burn it on somehting like the stovetop, and thatll prolly b effective in covering it up, even tho youll be in pain and may get a harmful infection

or you can just get another tattoo over it

good luck

If you look online, there is a cheaper method of tattoo removal. It does have more of a chance of minor scarring, but you said you don't mind that. It's some type of method where they use a type of abrasion to remove it. Much cheaper than laser. Have you considered simply covering it up with another tattoo? I'd seriously stay away from crazy ideas like burning. The ink from a tattoo is down several layers and you'd have to have very serious burns which could cause serious pain, and infection on top of hideous scarring from that. My sister just got divorced, she covered her ex husbands name that was tattooed on the back of her neck with another tattoo. I'd either do that, or look into other types of removal methods.

Unless you burn your entire arm off it not going to come off and I am NOT recommending that. Most likely if you attempted to burn it off it wouldn't work because tattoos penetrate more than the first layer of skin or even the second or third. Otherwise it could wash off in the shower or eventually rub off as the result of dead skin cell falling off. Unless you want to get a third degree burn I suggest going to a professional or getting it coverd up with another tattoo.

Cover it with another tattoo. My mom had her husband's name "Steve" on her ankle, and a tattoo artist changed it to "Spoiled". Something simple like that wouldn't cost more than $50.

Oh wow...please please please don't do that. Like the others said, you'd have to burn yourself pretty deep to get rid of it. The chances of it getting infected and worse are high. Just take it to a good tattoo artist and have them do a cover up. They'll be glad to help you do it. (trust me they do it all the time lol) Just bring it in, let them see and and have them estimate it for ya after you pick something. Or have them help. Don't burn it off please. In the long run you'll be better off. Good luck hun.

burning a tattoo won't work. actually burned bodies are sometimes identified by the tattoo that is still visible after death, the tattoo is embedded into your skin, just a surface burn will not get rid of it.

Lol...same boat as you. Thats how stumbled on this lost. I want it off my body..off my skin..off everything....its burden...its weight..i dont wanna carry anymore..this needs to go..i can even cut it out..i am that done with it