What can I use to feed tomatoes and cheap......????

Best Answer

Epsom salt is recomended for feeding tomatoes and many garden plants, about $2-3 for 2-3lbs

Epsom salt aids in the absorption of phosphorus and nitrogen, two of the most important fertilizer components.

From the link below - Tomatoes: 1 tablespoon per foot of plant height per plant; apply every two weeks.

If you have any one that has a horse, go and clean the stall, take a couple of bucket home and mix with dirt and grass clippings, cover with a tarp, and turn over a couple of times, after a few weeks, start to use the mix to feed the tomatoess.lightly. Next season put some in the hole before you put in the tomatoe plants. If that dose not do it for cheap, then go to the super store and buy some fertilizer,

.

Source(s): Me.

I use Ida_Gro Pelletized Poultry Compost.One big reason is its manufactured about 15 miles from my residence

Ida-Gro is a special combination of Idaho soft rock phosphate, and composted chicken manure. This is a true granulated pellet, not crumbles, pieces or screenings. Compost products are used for the organic matter and valuable slow release nutrients.

Our compost is tested chemical (Clopyralid and Piclorim, both of these are detrimental to vegetable gardens) and pathogen (Salmonella and E.coli) free.

I purcahsed for $2.00 for 40 lbs

http://www.sodaspringsphosphate.com/idag...

K-mart's generic for Miracle Grow

• Hondu

Compost, or rotted farm animal manure both work well and sometimes can be obtained simply by asking.

you can use many things for fertilizer, but I like to use grass, mulch, or leaves. the darker the ground is, the more nutrients in the ground. doesn't cost anything.

miracle-gro for tomatoes