Can we as a people unite????

i was a former supporter of hillary's (and Bill) that now backs barack. although i understand the hate that still lingers on both sides of the fence. i've also realized that it is vital we come together for the general election. it will be difficult i'm sure but i think people will realize what's at stake if another republican goes into office. although i no longer support hillary, i still respect what she has done and has accomplished. i've tried to remain open to the idea if the two were to have a joint ticket and right now am beginning to support the idea. i'm aware of they're differences but i'm also aware how well they may compliment each other. it's to early to definitevly say he'll offer it to her and she'd accept but i think the potential is there. who is willing to move on and who would be open to the idea of a joint ticket? also is it important to you that another republican doesn't take the GE? express away people and please be mature in your answering and thoughts!

inves - i agree she's put him through alot. that's alot of the reason why i decided to support obama over her. however, i do think as much as hate was shown on the surface. i have a feeling a theres alot of respect btwn the two. you obviously can't believe everything the media says.

pat - i'm well aware of whom i'm voting for and why i'm voting for them. mccain's speech lastnight was terrible and solidified why i'd never vote for him. he was smiling at the most inappropriate times and actually was appalling to me to see.

prod - i think he's doing and has been doing a better job then hillary. her speech lastnight was uncalled for and i listened to it and couldn't believe she was saying the things she did. she's the one that needs to make more of an effort and deep down friend you know that.

darow - i couldn't disagree with you more. do you honestly think he'd be where he's at if he was a racist? no. to say you would vote for mccain honestly disgust me and makes me understand more how people are so negligent in they're thoughts and ideals.

DJ - friend it's people like you that keep this country going in the wrong direction. have a little more faith friend! things change and so do people. it wasn't that long ago women couldn't vote and blacks could only sit in the back of the bus.

thc. i couldn't agree with you more. it's nice to know SOME people are on the same page.

troll - your exactely what you say you are. could you be anymore ignorant? and please, the next time i post something........don't copy and paste! you get no respect from me when you do it.

king - i'm sorry you feel that way.

Favorite Answer

Not NO ... H E L L .. N O !!!

***********************************

Reply to Democrats Unite !!! ... This site is OPEN to ALL !!!

I am sure that my spelling is a lot better than yours !

Me ??!?! ... Ignorant ??!?! ... Are you NOT taking YOUR Meds ???

UNTIL ... YOU and /or other Democrats START PAYING MY TAXES FOR ME ... I DO NOT HAVE TO RESPECT YOU !!!

Have ... YOU even taken time to Search on Senate Bill S.2433 ???

I did NOT think so !!! ... or ... YOU would be MORE concerned about Americas FUTURE !!!

THANK YOU !!!

***********************************

WHY ... would ANYONE ... in their right mind ... VOTE for an ANTI-American ??!?!?!

Since YOU brought it up ....

IF ... an Alcoholic (no offense to Alcoholics) was sober for over 20 years, by going to "church" with his "family", does that mean that he is not an Alcoholic anymore ?

IF ... an Islamic Muslim attended a "christian church" for over 20 years that preached "hate" for America, does that mean that he is NOT Islamic Muslim anymore ??

OR ... does that mean he is just ANTI-American ... NOT Islamic Muslim, NOT Christian, ... just ANTI-American !!!!

Is Obama TOO ANTI-AMERICAN to be President ??

Y E S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

OBAMA wants to END WORLD POVERTY on YOUR NICKEL AND SURRENDER THE United States to THE United Nations.

LMAO ...

The Obama Trolls have 999'd my Link through Y/A ... Please, search the phrase above ... and / or ...

Global Poverty Act (S.2433), and it is being sponsored by none other than Senator Barack Obama

.

WE NEED to start doing the "REPORT IT" Button on them for EVERY LITTLE ... POSSIBLE ... Violation, like they do to the rest of the people on here !!!!

The Obama TROLLS have ALL day to stay on here !!

.

IF ... OBAMA was a WHITE man WITH the SAME LACK of Qualifications, HE would have been - LAUGHED - out of the Nomination process in the BEGINNING !!!!

CHANGE is ALL that you will get back from the Socialist/Communist/Liberal Democrats, when they TAKE your hard earned paycheck from you to give it to able bodied people, "FEEDERS", who do NOT want to get off of their butts and actually get a job !! Our wonderful government hand-out programs !!

Please, TRY to HOPE in one hand and SPIT in the other hand!

Which one is filling up the fastest ??

.

We need to make sure that the person that represents AMERICA is PRO-AMERICA !!!

WE NEED to make sure that EVERY man, woman, and child, KNOW how ANTI-AMERICAN Obama and his Reverend(S) ARE !!!

Would a CONTINUAL 20 years of "second hand smoke" have a negative affect on the other people in the area ??

Would a CONTINUAL 20 years of "Anti-American Preachings" have a negative affect on the other people in the area ??

John F. Kennedy, a Democrat, was sworn in as the 35th President of THE United States of America, at noon on January 20, 1961. In his inaugural address he spoke of the NEED for ALL Americans to be ACTIVE CITIZENS, famously saying, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

Please NOTICE that it said DEMOCRAT - NOT Socialist and / or Communist Democrat !!

It means this country is only as strong as the people in it. It means get off your a$$ and do something!!!

.

The Democratic Elite make the rules and then they change them for their convenience !!

The Elite Democrats feel like THEY know better than YOU who would be the best person to run the country !!!

By the People and For the People !!!

.

The Followers of the Socialist / Communist / Liberal ... AND ... ANTI-American Nominee will NEVER accept that HE AND THEY CAN actually make mistakes and CAN be wrong !!!

Obama Supporters do not want to see, hear, and / or understand the TRULY Intelligent Answers and / or Questions that are NOT - FOR - Obama !!!

(Bush) Governors have a hell of a lot more experience "managing" than ANY - especially Junior - Senator. HE and /or YOU should TRY to "manage" a state the size of Texas !!! Obama did NOT even finish his FIRST TERM in office !!!

.

AND for the BLAMERS .... How will YOU respond to this ???

04/13/08 -

President Bush Job Approval

RCP Average

Approve 31.0%

Disapprove 65.5%

Spread -34.5%

Congressional Job Approval (DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED) **********

RCP Average

Approve 22.0%

DISAPPROVE 70.0% **********

Spread -48.0%

.

Democrats have to recognize that since the 73rd Congress in 1933, for a MAJORITY of THE LAST 65 YEARS, Democratic Houses of Representatives and Democratic Senates have CONTROLLED the nation and the President.

A TOTAL of 38 Sessions with Democrats in CONTROL for 28 of those!

WE need to inform/TELL our political representatives that WE NEED TO PASS a Constitutional Amendment for the LINE ITEM VETO.

This will keep the SPECIAL INTEREST GARBAGE from being attached to valuable legislation.

If Congress wants to give the president that power, they will have to pass a constitutional amendment, Supreme Justice John Paul Stevens said. "If there is to be a new procedure in which the president will play a different role in determining the text of what may become a law, such change must come not by legislation but through the amendment procedures set forth in Article V of the Constitution," Stevens said, on June 25th, 1998.

IF your special interest is SO valuable, why do you have to HIDE it in valuable legislation?

So, with them REFUSING to PASS the Line Item Veto, in reality, the House and Senate have REALLY been controlling the country!!

AND, with the CURRENT Senate and Congress having the WORST approval rating in HISTORY, hopefully we will see a LOT of changes after the general elections.

A recent Reuters poll is out and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have pulled an upset: They have managed to make George Walker Bush twice as popular as CONGRESS.

RECENTLY - - JUST 13% of Likely Voters now say the DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED Congress is doing a good or excellent job. A recent Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 43% give Congress a poor rating.

Those results represent a slight decrease from the previous month, when 15% gave Congress a good or excellent rating.

Democrats generally believe in heavy fines for honest work, while rewarding sloth and indulgence.

Do YOU think that people should be able to do absolutely nothing productive and get government hand-outs for sloth and indulgence - healthcare, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, STDs, etc. ??

Do YOU want to have YOUR MONEY TAKEN from YOU and YOUR FAMILY to FINANCE these people ???

.

Then ... IF YOU can TRY to understand ...

OUR TAX SYSTEM EXPLAINED....

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.

The fifth would pay $1.

The sixth would pay $3.

The seventh would pay $7.

The eighth would pay $12.

The ninth would pay $18.

The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. 'Since you are all such good customers, he said, 'I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers?How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.!

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).

The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).

The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).

The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).

The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).

The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

'I only got a dollar out of the $20,'declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,' but he got $10!'

'Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man. 'I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!'

'That's true!!' shouted the seventh man. 'Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!'

'Wait a minute,' yelled the first four men in unison. 'We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!'

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinki

There's a chance that WE can unite, but it's a long shot. People, for the most part want their opinions to be the "right" and only opinions that matter. That's not unity. Unity seems to be a bad word to those who believe they are the only ones that matter. A good example of it is how people drive. Like they're the only ones on the road. "We the People" has turned into "Me the person" in this country, and unfortunately it's what is going to collapse this country faster than any bad political party or government. If people cared for each other ALL the time rather than just in times of crisis then there might be a chance, but it pains me to think that may never happen in my lifetime. Everyone has a chance to make a difference. It can be done. I still have faith in Americans. We all have to work together to make this country strong again.

Democrats are the only one that can unite America??? Give me a break guys. What is the only thing that unites this country??? National Disasters ala 9/11and pearl harbor and don't think for a minute the puppets in washington as well as our enemies abroad don't know this.

You are fighting a no-win battle that has been propagated to you by the same corporations that run our government and own 99% of the media outlets in this country thank's for playing!

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

A joint ticket sounds nice; I too believe they would compliment each other,her toughness and experience his lack of corruption (if you put the religious rants in perspective).They both seem inexhaustible which is important as there is so much damage to repair.If by another mischance a Republican were elected again I sincerely believe this country would fall into an irreversible decline,if it has not done so already.

united states, because of the fact I stay in England, and its quite depressing. sooner or later i might % to stay in usa, or Australia. California may be cool sufficient for me, i might stay interior however because of the fact my acquaintances say its quite warm there. Its like i've got been residing right here too long, and that i'm ill of seeing the same old crap.

I believe with everything in me Obama is a racist. I would rather have a Republican in office than a racist. I can endure 4 more years of a Republican more than I can endure American people putting up with any form of racism. To me this affects American people in the worst way possible. It is hate against your fellow person. I would find it appalling our leader of this great Country was racist.

We are uniting - behind the candidate with a modicum of experience and intelligence, not the loon shouting "Change!" and lacking a single viable idea.

• Yeah, The Obama is doing a great job of "uniting" isn't he?

Dude, I think you have me confused for a lib. I would be ecstatic if both of these clowns got lost in some remote desert.

you have fallen victim to party politics. you vote for your party regardless of who your voting for. there is a cure though. open your eyes and actually learn who your voting for not just their party affiliation

Well said! Democrats need to unite this country is going into the hole and the democrats are the only party who can stop this madness.