Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

What companies participated in the Holocaust?

Like, what companies from today had to do anything with the Holocaust.

For example, Bayer.

The chemical company, like how they made the same gas that the Nazis used in Aushwitz and still sells products today.

I already know about Fanta and Coke.

So what other companies participated in the Holocaust other then Bayer and Coke.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The pharmaceutical conglomerate IG Farben was the progeny of three subsidiary companies as a result of the Nuremburg War Trials. These companies are Bayer, BASF, and Hoescht.

German electrical-equipment manufacturer....Siemens, whose officials were charged with using slave labour and participating in the construction and operation of the Auschwitz and Buchenwald camps. The Siemens companies flourished in the Third Reich, and again in the 1950s, and by 1966, when the three separate companies merged to form Siemens AG, were among the world's largest electrical suppliers. Siemens products include electrical components, computer systems, microwave devices, and medical equipment.

The civilian contractor Topf and Sons firm designed the ovens for crematorium II; they had the enormous capacity of 1440 bodies per day. The imprimatur of Topf can be seen today in raised letters on the machinery of the ovens

The firm AEG, contractor for the electrical system in crematorium II, warned that the capacity of the system would not allow for simultaneous "special treatment" and "incineration."

Besides the production of 4 1/2 tons of zyclon B per month to the SS, the chemical giant IG Farben was the largest corporation in Europe, and after General Motors, US Steel and Standard Oil of NJ, the fourth largest corporation in the world. It chose a site near Auschwitz camp to establish a monumental project that would produce Buna or synthetic rubber. There was coal and lime there, abundant water, access to rail and cheap labor. The SS would supply unlimited manual labor to IG Farben for 3 marks per person per day.

Auschwitz rail lines fell under the authority of the Oppeln regional office of the German railways

among others....

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Siemens Gas Chambers

• 1 decade ago

AEG built the gas chambers.

I think Thomas Cook was involved in the transports

• 1 decade ago

I actually found a list of companies...many are no longer around but some are still going strong.

ADLER SA

AEG

ASTRA

AUTO-UNION

BMW

MESSERSCHMITT

METALL UNION

OPTA RADIO

OPTIQUE IENA

PHOTO AGFA

PUCH

RHEINMETALL BORSIG AG

SHELL

SCHNEIDER

SIEMENS

DAIMLER BENZ

ORNIER

ERLA

FORD (not Ford Motor Company)

GOLDSCHMITT

HEINKEL

I.G. FARBEN INDUSTRIES

JUNKER

KRUPP

OLVAY

STEYR

TELEFUNKEN

VALENTIN

VISTRA

VOLKSWAGEN

ZEISS-IKON

ZEITZ

ZEPPELIN

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.