I’m going to travel to New Jersey in July, and don’t have a clue what I could do there. Could some one help me

Also visiting New York for a wile and also don’t have a clue to what to do there. Help. I’m opened minded so enjoy most off the things in life, give all your suggestions please and thank you.

Also it could be another good place out of new Jersey and New York.

Favorite Answer

Well, where in New Jersey are you going? I know the state looks pretty small on a map, but it's actually pretty large and diverse.

If you are in south Jersey, check out places like Atlantic City (gambeling, some great resturaunts), Cape May (beautiful Victoria town on the very tip of the state - Cape May lighthouse a great place to see), Ocean City (old beach town), and the Wildwoods (fantastic boardwalk with amuseument rides, water parks, and games, and a great beach). Also, from south Jersey, you can easily take day trip to Philadelphia (just across the river - Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Museum of Art, tours of the beautiful and historic City Hall, the Macy's department store which was originally Wannamaker's and is just huge and beautiful, Philly cheese steaks). If you like antiques, try driving out to Amish Country, where you can also find some great crafts (quilting is big out here) and great farmer's markets.

Smithville (near the AC Airport) is a great shopping town with all old historic buildings. Similarly, Lambertville (near Trenton) and New Hope (across the river - literally a 5 minute walk across a bridge - in PA) are full of import stores, antique shops, and great resturants and gastro pubs) are great for a day trip. Or, get a room in one of the B&Bs and stay overnight!

If you are in north Jersey, there's some intersting museums - the Newark Musuem, or the Morris Museums (Morristown, NJ) which has the Guiness collection of old mechanical musical instruments and automata. There are some great beaches in this part of the state, too: Sandy Hook, Monmouth Beach, etc. Also, a drive out west towards the Delaware Water Gap or HIgh Point State Park are good if you like hiking.

As far as New York - if you're in NYC, there's too much to do to name. Do you like museums, theater, sightseeing, history, food & wine? It's really all there, so just enjoy!

Source(s): gophilla.com www.newarkmuseum.org www.morrismuseum.org southjersey.com

Make sure you go to Neshanic & Flemington. Those are the two best towns in NJ.

I love NJJJJJJJ. <3

Source(s): -Lived in NJ for 10 years. <3 --Lorelai Chaos Brown--

Clean up a toxic waste site