American Idol Auditions 2008, need some advice please?

I am considering trying out for American idol next for the season, but with speculation of how if you make it into further rounds, and don't make top places, you'll be lost in the music world, never to be heard from again. The reason why I'm thinking about it is that I have several things going for me. I am 16 now, so I'm eligible, I did a local Idol contest last summer, not for kids, but with adults. Didn't win, but judges weren't really that musical. I've sung in a huge choir program, and considered one of their most valued singers. I was invited to sing with The American Choral Directors Association. I've done Community Theater, Seattle Opera, Even sung the national Anthem at Safeco Field when I was in 6th grade, with the Seattle opera Children's chorus, ( there was 8 of us.) Plus, I'm going to Europe this summer with that big choir, singing solos in Europe. I am getting more into pop, so I think I can make a transition. I have a strong and big voice, and I'm confident, should I go?

If you have had past experiences, that would be helpful to hear too.

Also have worked with 5th avenue theater. No show, but a learning program, part of their 2006 high school choir.

Musical experience,

Ragtime, playing the little boy

The little mermaid, Missoula Children's touring theater,( I was invited to their camp ) played Gill

Into the Woods Junior, The Baker

Charles Dicken's a Christmas Carol, numerous parts.

I am respected by my piers, I received the school inspirational award this year.

Favorite Answer

I think if u think urself is good at singing and u have ppl other than family backing u up and also say ur good then u should go for it. U can do whatever u put ur mind to and never settle for less. I'm a singer as well but never had the guts to sing anywhere other than my hometown or in a group..lol..cuz I get up there and start singing and get so backward I start trembling and sound like a sheep. But I'd say get on yahoo chat and go into the singers room and see what others think about ur singing...if they think ur good and they are very critical with words then u probably have what it takes....so good luck and i wish u the best. *Beth*

just go for it!

if you make it i'll vote for ya!

you are young enough that if you don't make it this year you can try again, also persistance might work, so if you don't make it in one city and you can get to another try again.

we need more Seattlites in it as simon was a bozo and said we had no talent (yet where were 3 of the top ten from the last time we had an audition?)

If you really enjoy singing, I think you should go and pursue your dream.

Practice a lot. Try your best. And be yourself.

You'll do fine. You've obviously have a lot of experience and love to sing.

If you don't make it, follow the judges advice and try again next year.

Good luck!

just go up and try for it if i kno who u r n u make it so people can vote id vote 4 u n also imma try out wen im 16 but im gunna try to be just like a modle of renaldo lopez so if u go the best of luck hope ya make ot far

Hey be confident

It doesnt matter if you win or lose just try out to see if they like your voice plus you are on tv. many dont have that chance. I bet you will make it. I watch American Idol all the time.

If you make it or not e mail me!

Go for it! Any contest gives you the chance to hone your skill, or talent. The more you perform, the more you put yourself out there, the more exposure you get. Enjoy, and don't give up.

What's the point? It's rigged worse than the head cheerleader winning prom queen.

• It sounds like you have had a lot of experience and might have a chance, I say go for it.

Do you know where they are Auditioning at yet? If so please E-mail me I NEED to know I want to go too I will be 18 but we don't have the money to leave the state just tio audition.

Can you tell me at least if they are coming to Arkansas? Thanks.

• NDN

Don't Suck! And try to have fun, because odds are.... u ain't gunna make it!