What is "the sign" in Ace of Base's song I saw the sign?

Favorite Answer

nothing really...

It is just referring to what you see or feel in other when you get convinced of "falling in love", so you said... " I saw the sign"...

• Zo-Zo

The sign of Love?

• John M

It seems that the protagonist finally sees that no one else is going to bring you up out of the depths of a bad relationship. That you have to come up into the light on your own, and that you will be okay without the relationship.

The literal sign is left unexplained. I would assume its whatever triggered the epiphany for this particular person. Could have been anything.

• PJ1 day agoReport

Truly, your answer should have been voted the best answer. Even over a decade later, it's still the best explanation on here. 

Whatever the sign is, it made the singer decide to leave the guy after wondering if he was the one for her. Maybe it was the Chikfila sign.

The sign of untrustworthyness, remember "a something something back where you belong, I saw the sign"

meaning they saw the sign that the love there sucks and to get the helll out!

Its the Millennium Key from Yu-Gi-Oh. It is used to open minds just like she says "I saw the sign and it opened up my mind" just like what the Milennium Key does!

the sign of the cross.

type those words in and look it up on google or type lyrics on google and go to a lyrics website and look it upand think relly think about it then you miht figure it out.

the red flag to leave, she then says I am happier living with out you