Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Spiritually speaking, does one have to be Religious or even believe in Spirits to Live Spiritually and/or ...?

....... listen to cool New Age Music [:-)]?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqVnOLiH0FM

.

• GENE
    Favorite Answer

I just spent 36 days in a hospital after having a head-on collision with a pickup truck (I was on my bike). I suffered numerous fractures (hip, humorous, clavicle, ribs, some fractures to two vertebra, etc) Also had an injured spleen and kidney. I survived it and I'm walking around on crutches.

I had a lot of help from people I didn't even know and the speed of my recovery (I will recover completely) is ample proof that there is a spiritual force in the universe. I never felt alone and knew I would be OK.

I have been back home for two hours and look forward to getting back on the Yamster Wheel. It'll be good exercise.

Sometimes the best religion is just connecting with other folks and living life fully, without fear, and knowing that everything is right in the universe even though there may be a ripple or two in The Force.

Religion and spirituality are two very different things. A person can be both, or a person can be one or the other, or they can be neither. And spirits, well, they just are in some cosmologies, and aren't in others.

Since the organs for taking in New Age music are the ears and the brain, and since most humans have those, and since they are unrelated to the things I mention above, then no, you needen't follow any path to enjoy the music. And yes, you can live spiritually and be completely separate from spirits or religion.

• Temple

Of course, I never listen to you tube; but I do love your questions. Therefor I am more than likely not answering your question.

Spiritually speaking, one does not have to be a religious person or even believe in spirits to live a spiritual life.

The spiritual life comes from awareness of self and the place of self in the cosmos. This, of course, begs the question where is the place of self in the cosmos?

At the front of the line, brother. And carrying up the rear.

We are all, spiritually speaking, making up for bad and trying to do good.

With coffee in hand, early this morning, Enya spoke to my heart as she often does in her lyrical music, with spirits souring to greet the angels. Everyone of us has a spiritual seed; whether it is watered by a moving piece of music, a breath-taking walk at dust along an exotic coastline or daybreak turning purple into vivid pink over the outline of a mountain top, we are moved. We are aware that "some thing" has created this beauty that gives us a sea of warmth and peace. What is important is the feeling obtained by our senses; love, peace, goodness.

Source(s): Uplifting

To me, spirit is not bound by religion. I feel a spiritual connection to my family, to the natural beauty around me, and to the lives of others. Music often moves me.

It can move me to dance, to sing, to reflect, or just to feel.

Recently, I heard a high school orchestra play a lullaby. It was absolutely sweet. As I listened, it was as if I could hear the sound track to those night-time rituals for my own children. It brought me to tears.

That was really a pretty song on the link---restful.

You linked me to another I really liked recently - the bluesy one. (John Mayer)

• casida

No, in view that's human nature to belong to a team.. team think of is what brought about us to stay to tell the tale interior the earliest tiers of our evolution, and that is nonetheless somewhat persons right this moment. we are social animals, and we've an inclination to bypass alongside with regardless of the team does. i replaced into doing some learn for a education piece i'm offering, and located this test: They placed somebody in a small room to take a attempt, and whilst this man or woman replaced into finding out, they pumped smoke into the room. while the guy replaced into on my own, they stated the smoke to a proctor each and every time. while 2 human beings have been placed in a room, neither man or woman stated the smoke. while 3 have been placed in a room, the comparable result- no person stated it. It replaced into as though they have been all in a conspiracy jointly. no person wanted to be the guy to stand up and say some thing, even in spite of the undeniable fact that the room replaced into filling up with smoke. those have been all nicely-knowledgeable human beings.. the info of the smoke replaced into clean... while on my own, they could document.. while with a team, they'd not. that's the reason a meme is what that's.

No, I don't think so. Not all spiritual people are religious and not all spiritual people believe in spirits. ;)

*edit*

Thanks for sharing the song, it's beautiful. Angels rule! :)

I think people can celebrate their spirit without actually realizing what it is.

For some this is the first step to some sort of belief (Buddhist, Christian, Islam)

very good listening for me this early in the morning. you only have to think good thoughts on anything to be spiritual

• papaw

Since religious basically refers to us just being habitual or consistent about something, I think everyone can be, and probably is mildly, moderately, or deeply religious about something. You can be religious without being spiritual.Since spirituality involves lifetime commitment, and lifestyle commitment, It would be impossible to be spiritual without being religious.

Religiosity does not necessarily reflect spirituality; but spirituality cannot be reflected without religiosity