Hillary supporters often say how Obama "is not to be trusted" - have they forgotten about Whitewater?
* The mysterious disappearance and rediscovery of billing records showing the extent of Hillary Clinton's legal work for McDougal's savings and loan. Missing and under subpoena for two years, they turned up in January 1996 in the Clintons' private quarters at the White House.
* The firing of seven members of the White House travel office in 1993, possibly to make room for Clinton friends.
* The 1993 suicide of White House counsel Vincent Foster, hard on the heels of his filing of delinquent Whitewater Corp. tax returns.
* The more than $700,000 paid to former $700,000 paid to former associate attorney general Webster L. Hubbell, most of it from friends of President Clinton and Democratic Party supporters, just as the former law partner of Hillary Clinton was coming under intense scrutiny by Whitewater investigators.
Source: www.washingtonpost.com - 'Untangling Whitewater" by Dan Froomkin
- anonacoupLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Let's just get past Hillary. We need to reunite the party not antagonize half of it. These things have already been taken into consideration and are part of the reason Hillary lost.
- mindbirdLv 41 decade ago
Keep chanting Whitewater, whitewater, whitewater. If it had any meaning whatsoever, the Clintons would have been in jail and back out by now. The Whitewater deal was a financial thing--no one was hurt, nothing happened, get OVER it.
- HeisenbergLv 71 decade ago
Well, they were cleared of Whitewater charges and that should be sufficient.
I dont think any of them should be trusted because none of them, with the exception of Hillary, has ever done anything to earn my trust. (Hillary is my Senator and has improved things in my area through her Senate work)
- MidinLv 41 decade ago
You wanna talk about something current maybe? Like Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Pfleger or Obamas MANY other shady ties and background? Not to mention Obamas earmarks and endorsments?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
Sorry, the most recent news was that Obama quit his 20 year church. I don't think a trustworth people will do that to his church only after 20 years.
- Precinct 1099Lv 71 decade ago
We already know about whitewater. Is that all you have?
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Neither of them are to be trusted , nor McCain
Ron Paul IS our only honest candidate