<3 asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

The explorers Batolomeu Dias, Vasco da Gama, Christopher Columbus, Hernando Cortes, and Francisco Pizzaro?

where are they from?

who did they sail for?

where did they sail?

and there accomplishments/impacts.

i was just studying for my regents and do not

knoe the answers to these. please help me [:

please include as much information as possible

THANK YOU!!!!! [:

2 Answers

Relevance
  • connie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Barthlomeu Dias: from Portugal, rounded the Cape of Good Hope (King John II of Portugal had appointed him on 10 October 1486 as the head of an expedition that was to endeavor to sail around the southern end of Africa in the hope of finding a trade route leading to Asia.)

Vasco da Gama: 1488, from Portugal, sailed around Africa to India (King John II of Portugal)

Cortes: 1519-1521, from Spain, invaded Mexico, conquered the Inca Empire (Charles V, king of Castile and Holy Roman Emperor)

Pizzaro: 1532, from Spain, conquered the Inca Empire (King Ferdinand II of Spain)

Columbus: 1492, from Spain, discovered the Americas (King Ferdinand II of Spain)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

LOL Rae, the Indians (native Americans) discovered that those sticks that Columbus's men were carrying hur like the dickens when they made fire. they discovered that the blankets made them sick and die. that the Europeans had a sickness that made them crave Gold and Silver. that the Europeans had NO respect for the Earth, and seemed to feel that the Earth was theirs for the taking rather than something to be loved and tenderly cared for. BB, Raji the Green Witch

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.