Am I the only one who finds this offensive?

This is an advertisement to encourage Aboriginal people in Australia to vote. It is called "A Message from Brothablack".

http://www.aec.gov.au/Elections/federal_elections/...

Now, I don't know if I'm being too politically correct here, but this seems incredibly offensive. It seems like the Government is creating a stereotype for the Indigenous people. Shouldn't we be moving away from this sort of thing towards a more tolarable and caring society?

So..am I the only one to find this offensive to Indigenous people?

Australians talk funny?

I live in North Queensland (for those of you playing at home, that's the top of Australia) but I come from NSW (once again, those playing at home this is now the bottom of Australia, or near enough to), and as such I have a New South Welshman accent. This accent sounds incredibly English, I really can't help it...so I get alot of people from Australia asking me if I come from Australia...I guess you are merely painting the picture of "Everyone fears that which is different"...I'm really tired, sorry if that sounded really blunt and cruel :-D

Favorite Answer

What! I think it's kinda offensive lol. But hey if they need to vote, they need to vote!

That guy sounded like Steve Irwin to me. But what he is saying is right. They ARE the indegenous people. I think they should be encouraged to voice there concerns. Wouldn't you rather he encourage his people to vote, rather than revolt?

If it were in the US. It would hardly get any attention. Its just a cheesy commercial.

Australians talk funny period.