Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

wal*mart skateboards vs real skateboards?

does anyone think wal*mart skateboards are a peice of sh!t? also the reason this is one rock and pop is because in need to know if there's any good rock music to make videos of me skating so i can try to get sponserd?

Favorite Answer

Go Skate - Suicidal Tendencies...

but you sound like you'd like Sk8r Boi - Avril Lavigne.....

Yeah, Wal-Mart's god-awful. Other people already gave the reasons why, so I won't list them again. Put some good hardcore punk in the videos, it's make you seem less "poseur" (even though trying to not be poseur is pretty poseur, it'll work-trust me.) Put in some Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Clash, Gang Green, Orange Goblin, or some newer punk, like Bad Religion or NOFX. Stay away from big corporate bands like Linkin Park, MCR, Good Charlotte, etc.

Good luck!

• Daisy

You can buy one there but in general they stink pretty bad. For a nice skateboard go to a bike/skateboard shop, it's well worth the extra money (around $75 more). Look in your local phone book.

• EeE

walmart boards are good if you're just starting up and learning just so you don't spend like 80 bucks on a real board and bust it up learning the basics

but yea they are sh!t seriously

check out this song if I made a skate video this is the song that I would use just because I think its awesome and it was in Lords of Dogtown

Nervous Breakdown by Rise Against (Black Flag cover)

wal mart boards are crap. the use 8 ply / layered wood and very little water sealent. so as soon as you get the board wet you instantly have a surf board. as far as music, you might wanna go with somthin like punk rock. some kinda uppy music. CKY is a good one for example

I skate alot and from experience Walmart boards are pieces of crap. They are heavier and harder to flip. Plus the trucks end up breaking. The hardware is crap. Try Ebay for cheap boards. They carry alot of known brands and can be found cheap if you dont mind older versions.

As for music use something that you like to listen to and that describes you and your skating.

go onto you tube and check out some of the boarding videos there you should get some ideas my nephew is 17 and he will not skate a bored from walmart he goes to a place called the lost boardroom its a skate shop

Walmart skateboards are crap. Some good decks are Chocolate, Habitat, Girl, and Almost. Those are my favorite. Killswitch Engage is a band I like. They sream and sing. Check them out. Hope this helps.

i would put whatever music you listen to,

because the sponsors are gonna want to know that you're an interesting person and have character, too. not just that you can skate.

Ha I can answer a question from 6 years ago