For those delusional baseball fans that feel the NL Central is the easiest division in baseball...?

Let's do a little compare and contrast here

Central

Cubs 37-21 .583

Cardinals 35-25 .544

Astros 31-28 .525

Brewers 31-28 .525

Reds 28-31 .475

Pirates 27-31 .466

41-40 vs the NL East

54-31 vs the NL West

NL West

D-Backs 32-27 .542

Dodgers 28-29 .491

Giants 25-33 .431

Padres 23-36 .390

Rockies 20-38 .345

27-36 vs the NL East

31-54 vs the NL Central

Not to mention that the West's #1 team the D-Backs have a whopping 12-19 record outside the NL West

Not to mention the AL Central

Rocco, where does it say anything about the White Sox. I'm comparing the NL Central to IMO the easiest division in baseball, the NL West. Not oncedid I mention the White Sox, so where do you get this from. I commented on the AL Central as a whole, last time I checked the White Sox weren't the only team in that division.

• Fozzy
    Favorite Answer

90% of baseball fans are delusional. This explains a lot of things - the people who automatically say a team sucks simply because they don't like them, the people who actually think that Barry Bonds would in some way help a team, the people that think that Roger Clemens is telling the truth, (ask him what day it is on Sunday, and I bet he'll say it's Wednesday just because he can) the people that somehow vote for 7 players on their last place team to be All-Stars, and the people who somehow manage to spot hatred for their team in a question that in no way involves said team. I could also say that anyone that somehow thinks that a Cubs fan is automatically a White Sox hater, or that they have to hate the Cubs simply because they are a Sox fan who thinks that these teams are rivals despite the fact that they are in different in leagues, and that those 6 games they play each other each year are somehow more important then any other games is extremely delusional. I , as an intelligent Cubs fan, are no more concerned with the Sox then I am the Rangers, Royals or any other AL team until it comes time for the World Series.

I agree with you - people need to wake up and get a few facts. But, there are many more fans out there who look at the game solely through their emotions, rather then their intelligence. Even I, a fairly intelligent, analytical and logical fan, can't give you any sensible reason why I have been a Cubs fan for 40 or so years other then that I was born that way.

Keep the faith.

Fozzy, I don't know about 90%, but there are a boat load of fans who don't see the game from an outside point of view. I do agree with pretty much everything you said. Just because I'm a Cubs fan doesn't necessarily mean I'm a Sox hater, or vice versa Rocco. I've always said to have pride in your team and the players, but you can't realistically expect to see more than 1 or 2 on the all-star team if your favorite team is in last place in the division, league or all of baseball. I've been a Cubs fan for 20+ years and I've seen the good and bad teams we've put on the field. Saying that they suck just cause you don't like them is about as simple minded as you can get. Learn the game and learn how to talk about it in a smart way. Baseball IS the 'thinking man's' game, so try to put some thought into what you are saying.

• Moose

So far this season the NL West is by far the weakest division in baseball. The AL Central is a very close second. The reason so many people are reluctant to bring the AL Central into this discussion is because of the potential many thought that division possessed. So far this potential has amounted to nothing more than hype.

well this year the NL Central is the best division in the National League which makes you feel that the NL team in the World Series will be out of the NL Central

• Js_5

The past couple of years people called the NL Central the easiest division but I haven't heard that noise this year. I think the divisions are by and large pretty similar and all very competitive.

But the AL East is the toughest, imo.

Come on people! We all know the AL West is by far the easiest division in baseball. Every year 2 teams compete for the division and the other two teams are terrible.

Agree! The proof is in the pudding! I think all that talk is related to the Cubs success this year. I know they don't represent the NL Central, but they are very much the center of attention and some people just can't handle it.

to the cubs fan who knows nothing about baseball, you have THE best record in baseball and not one of them, second, the central is tough top to bottom. Im a Cards fan and we have a very good and exciting team, the Cubs scare me, a lot! and i wouldnt doubt it if they ran away with it. the Astros have the best 3-4-5 combo in baseball with Lee Tejada and Berkman, the Reds have Jay Bruce, the Brewers are SUPPOSED to have a good team and the Pirates are a dangerous spoiler. should be interesting.

we probably have one of the best divisions in baseball right now, we have 4 teams over .500

Source(s): GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw their record is now 38-21