Anyone ever take Levaquin antibiotic?

I was prescribed Levaquin for an ear infection recently, took it for 2 days and suffered from insomnia, paranoia and anxiety. I have no history of mental illness but this drug could have possibly put me over the edge. I stayed up all night thinking someone was going to break into my house and harm my children. ... show more I was prescribed Levaquin for an ear infection recently, took it for 2 days and suffered from insomnia, paranoia and anxiety. I have no history of mental illness but this drug could have possibly put me over the edge. I stayed up all night thinking someone was going to break into my house and harm my children. Anyone else ever take this drug? How is something like this an antibiotic?
Update: I did stop taking it and he put me on Bactrim which now I am fine- sleeping like a rock without my mind racing. I am also allergic to alot of antibiotics so I can believe if it was an allergic reaction. The Doctor also put me on prednisone- BUT- I started the pred. 2 days after the antibiotic- so it never mixed... show more I did stop taking it and he put me on Bactrim which now I am fine- sleeping like a rock without my mind racing. I am also allergic to alot of antibiotics so I can believe if it was an allergic reaction. The Doctor also put me on prednisone- BUT- I started the pred. 2 days after the antibiotic- so it never mixed with the Levaquin.