would i make a good candidate for Governor of Arkansas????

pos. on

Heathcare: Supports free and universal heathcare

LGBT Rights: Support Full marriage rights for same sex couple as well as full adoption rights

Environment: fight to reverse climate change and put more green energy in Arkansas. Make government funded bio fuel plants in Arkansas to provide more Arkansans jobs and pay half the price of solar panels for citizens or Arkansas based buinesses as well as tax breaks for those who use green energy.

Taxes: place the tax burden on the richest Arkansans and large corporations

Econ: stimulate the econ. by creating more jobs in green technologys and traditional Arkansas jobs such as farming

War: do not support the war on terror or the war in iraq nor would i support a war in iran.

Abortion: Pro-Choice

illegal immigration: deport those with no green card but would support a small scale guest worker program.

Update:

education: reform nclb.

Guns: support the right to own hunting rifles and guns used in sport but do not support the ownership of automactic and assault rifles

stem cell research: support only in reasearch for curing illnesses.

Update 2:

caveman: all exellent points. but the thing is with the the iraq deal id be running for gov in a small southern state what could i really do ab that. and yes there are biofuels that work out there. there are forms of ethenol that are made of sawgrass that are more efficent and cleaner than corn ethenol and butenol is also gaining popularity. and btw state taxes aren't really that high here as it is. we just increased a gass tax that hadnt been changed since central high was integrated. slightly higher state taxes wont cause walmart to move.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I like your immigration policy and Gay rights stance as they are, but some of the others could use some tweeking.

Heathcare: Supports free and universal heathcare

***Too much tax burden coupled with the gross incompetence of the current social welfare systems.

Environment: fight to reverse climate change and put more green energy in Arkansas. Make government funded bio fuel plants in Arkansas to provide more Arkansans jobs and pay half the price of solar panels for citizens or Arkansas based buinesses as well as tax breaks for those who use green energy.

***Too much tax burden coupled with failures in bio fuel.

Taxes: place the tax burden on the richest Arkansans and large corporations

***Ecourages the richest and corporations to move to other states. Wal-Mart is AR's biggest employer and tax generator. You can't afford for them to move to KS.

Econ: stimulate the econ. by creating more jobs in green technologys and traditional Arkansas jobs such as farming

***Green tech is more expensive and farming does not create jobs. American farmers are too efficient for this to be a viable employment source.

War: do not support the war on terror or the war in iraq nor would i support a war in iran.

***We need to get the Iraqi government and police on track before we leave or it would be like feeding the lambs to the lions.

Abortion: Pro-Choice

***Abortion should only be used to save the life of the mother, or in the cases of rape/incest. It is not a birth control method.

education: reform nclb.

***Agreed. NCLB is a good idea but bad in practice. If you are going to have standardized testing you need standardized teaching. The same books and educational methods. There also needs to be consideration for the handicapped and the schools should not be punished for the lack of effort of the lazy students.

Guns: support the right to own hunting rifles and guns used in sport but do not support the ownership of automactic and assault rifles

***When you disarm the masses who will protect the citizens from the government. The right to keep and bear arms should not be tampered with. People who commit gun crimes usually don't aquire the guns legally anyway.

stem cell research: support only in reasearch for curing illnesses.

***agreed. We don't need human clones. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like some of your progressive policies, but I'm afraid you'd make a better candidate in, say, Vermont or Oregon than you would in backwater, country bumpkin Arkansas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.