What are your opinions on the STS-80 tether experiment?

In David Sereda's youtube video, he addresses a tether incident, claiming that UFOs can be seen to pass behind the tether and move in particular ways that are physically impossible. Also, the UFOs can make formations that suggest intelligence.

What do you think?

Best Answer

I think Mr. Sereda is a pain in the neck. He ignores statements by people who were there and saw these things for what they were - debris or lens aberrations - and instead makes a concerted effort to harass and discredit them so that he can create and reinforce his personal conspiracy theory. I suspect he charges for making his presentations to awe-struck rooms full of mouth-agape true believers, who cannot tell an out-of-focus dust mote at 4 inches from a giant alien spacecraft at 140 miles.

The tether experiment? Cool, though I understand the tether broke and we'll have to try it again sometime.

As for the "UFOs" *heavy sigh*...complete and utter BS.

My opinion is that many mischievous people deliberately fake UFO sightings, and that FAR too many people accept such lies as being gospel. No matter how silly the lie, some portion of the population will latch onto it with almost religious fervor.