Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

give me a list of good books???

some of my favorite series are the sookie stackhouse mysteries by charlaine harris, kim harriso, the inheretance thingy, twilight saga, and the kitty norville series..

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's a complete list for you:-

Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

The Mill on the Floss, Middlemarch, Adam Bede, Silas Marner by George Eliot

Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, David Copperfield, The Old Curiosity Shop, Little Dorrit, Martin Chuzzlewit, Nicholas Nickleby, A Christmas Carol, A tale of Two Cities and Bleak House by Charles Dickens.

The Grapes of wrath, Of Mice and Men, The Pearl,Tortilla flat by John Steinbeck

Tess of the Duberville, Jude the Obscure, The return of the Native, Under the Greenwood tree, The Mayor of Casterbridge, Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy

Villette, Shirley, The Professor, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Agnes Grey, The tenant of Windfell Hall by Anne Bronte

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

The Diary of Anne Frank

Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, and Macbeth and any other play by Shakespeare

The Fall of the House of Usher, The Raven, The Tell-Tale Heart and other stories and poems of Edgar Allan Poe

The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

The Awakening by Kate Chopin

The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemingway

The Sound and the Fury and Light in August by William Faulkner

All Quite on the Western Front by Eric Maria Remarque

Night by Elie Wiesel

Black Boy by Richard Wright

The Picture of Dorien Gray, the Canterville Ghost, Salome, Vera Or The Nihilists,The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

Don Quixote by Cervantes

Oedipus Rex and Antigone by Sophocles

Le Morte D'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malroy

The Metamorphosis by Kafka

Candide by Voltaire

Heart of Darkness and The Scret Agent by Joseph Conrad

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Les Miserables and The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

The Lost world by H.G.Wells

Roll of Thunder, Hear my cry and Let the Circle be Unbroken by Mildred Taylor

A Grain Of Wheat by Ngugi

Things Fall Apart and Anthills of the Savannah by Chinua Achebe

The Grass is Singing by Dorris Lessing

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers

The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London

A Room with A View and A Passage to Indiaby E.M.Forster

Love in the Time of Cholera and One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Marquez

A House For Mr Biswas and Mr Stone and the Knights companion by V.S.Naipaul

The Guide, The English Teacher, Waiting for the Mahatma and Malgudi Days by R.K.Narayan

A Streetcar named Desire, The Glass Menagerie and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennesse Williams

All My Sons, Death of A Salesman, The Crucible and A View From The Bridge by Arthur Miller

Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys

The Reef, The Custom of the Country, The House of Mirth, Ethan Frome and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell

To the Lighthouse and Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do a search for "classic" books. My favorite author is Ernest Hemmingway. I loved The Old Man and the Sea. Short stories by W. Sommerset Maugham. The Gift of the Maji--terrific short story.

• 1 decade ago

I love Meg Cabot (Heather Wells & Queen of Babble) and Sophie Kinsella's (Shopaholic [soon to be movie] & Remember Me) books. I am in the process of reading Emily Giffin's (Something Borrowed & Something Blue, Baby Proof) books. They are all great authors!

For a young adult I recommend Meg Cabot's young adult books. She is the best author. Also best selling. She wrote tons of books including the Princess Diaries (Movies based on her books), Mediator (upcoming movie), 1-800-Missing (TV show based on her books), Jinx, and more. She has adult books too, so you can grow with her.

If you want more info or meg cabot's website email me.

• ALEXIS
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Here are some of my favorites:

Neil Gaiman is an amazing author!

Edgar Allen Poe is a really good author. Check out his poems and short stories.

William Shakespeare is good too.

Any books by Scott Westernfeld or Neal Shusterman are really good too.

Any books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are amazing! There is In The Forest of The Night, Demon In My View, Shattered Mirror, Midnight Predator. And then there is the The Kiesha'ra series: Hawksong (the best in the series!), Snakecharm, Falcondance, Wolfcry and Wyverhail.

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

How To Kill A Rock Star by Tiffanie Debartolo

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

13 Little Blue Envelopes and Girl At Sea by Maureen Johnson

Abarat by Clive Barker, Make sue you get the hardcover version though!!! If you liked the first one be sure to check out the next book in the series Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War.

Daughters of Destiny series: Keeper of the Winds by Jenna Solitaire, If you enjoyed the first one check out the next three books in the series. Keeper of the Waters, Keeper of the Flames and Keeper of the Earth.

The Abhorsen Trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) by Garth Nix

The Maximum Ride series (The Angel Experiment, Schools Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning) by James Patterson

His Dark Materials trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass) by Philip Pullman

A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels and The Far Sweet Thing by Libba Bray

The Riddles of Epsilon by Christine Morton-Shaw

The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill, If you liked this one, check out the next two Blade of Fire and The Last Battle of the Icemark.

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding

Inkheart and Inkspell and Inkdeath (coming soon!) by Cornelia Funke

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

Holes by Louis Sanchar

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass

The Morganville Vampire series (Glass Houses, Dead Girls Dance, Midnight Alley and Feast of Fools) by Rachel Cain

The Chronicles of Narnia (7 books) by C.S. Lewis

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

All-American Girl by Meg Cabot

Uglies series by Scott Westernfeld

The Wind Singer, Slaves of the Mastery and Firesong by William Nicholson

Define “Normal” by Julie Ann Peters

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

The Sight and Fell by David Clement-Davies

Source(s): Enjoy!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like:

Look Closely ~ really good mystery

Girl in Blue ~ Civil War tale

The Nancy Drew Files ~ easy reading

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Wow, i presumed that throughout the time of China human beings have been nevertheless very constrained as to what they might and can't study as dictated by utilising the government. i'll think of that's incorrect and supply you my checklist. i'm additionally going to think of that by utilising progressed, you easily mean progressed: Oxford English Dictionary - mandatory for every physique who reads or writes English Oxford English Grammar or Fowler's handbook to well-liked English utilization - the two one is critical for every physique who writes heavily. The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy - the terrific artwork of contemporary fiction. James Joyce's Ulysses - A classic of poetry merged with prose. For the quite progressed reader. the total Works of Plato - The works of one of the main broadly commonplace, distinctive yet nevertheless available philosophers. the total Works of Shakespeare - undying, boundless. you may oftentimes get a one quantity version of each and every of the performs and poems for under £5, it quite is approximately what you pay for one play printed on that's own in case you purchase them separately. Moby Dick - An American classic. Dracula - A British classic. Frankenstein - yet another British classic it quite is a lot studied in English faculties. Notes on the Underground by utilising Dostoyevsky - A positioned up modernist classic - properly till now it quite is time. The Bell Jar by utilising Sylvia Plath is a gorgeous and unhappy novel. that's the poet's in basic terms novel and is recognized as a semi-autobiographical Roman a Clef. life of Pi - Booker prize award winning novel approximately faith and perseverance. in case you have an interest in poetry; how related to the total Works of Lord Byron, as he suits a brilliant array of audiences. Baudelaire is sturdy yet for sure the unique is in French, English translations are attainable. i could additionally propose finding out a publishing corporation referred to as Dover Thrift. They produce books on low fee recycled paper, with small fonts to shop pages and that they are rather low fee. you will get an entire variety of classics for around £a million a duplicate. Then all your scholars could have a duplicate to study, or you may make your funds stretch previous 2 hundred books. with any luck that gets you began. you could additionally choose for to look at some guides to three of those books. rather Shakespeare and Joyce. you will haven't any hassle finding a number of of those. they might desire to make the coaching somewhat extra convenient besides as stating issues you your self won't spot. sturdy success!

• 1 decade ago

fablehaven by brandon mull

love comes softly by janette oke

the wizard of oz by L.frank baum

the chronicles of narnia by c.s. lewis

the hobbit by j.r.r. tolkien

hope this helps!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.