Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 decade ago

Hey Everyone! I need URGENT help with a scene for a Script - PLEASE help! Thanks?

Whoever can finish this line, well, i'll be the happiest person on the planet because I've had writers block for over a month now.

A couple, Michael and Yvonne Watt, have been married for 20 yrs. She's English & he's American & she hates his guts & thinks he's not good enough for her, but he is always tolerant. They've had a hectic adventurous night, escaping from a serial killer; being in a car chase & surviving death-defying situations & now they've discovered an underground passage. Michael tries to make conversation by saying "Where do you think this leads". Yvonne turns to him and says "You know what Michael, I don't know. But ........."

Her line has to be absolutely true; real and emotional. She is exhausted & is completely & utterly at a loss with herself. The line has to tell the audience the relationship is definitly over, for good, but shouldn't be nasty. Just emotional & real. Michael will look helplessly after her when she says it. It has to be sad & tragic.

Thanks

No no, the film is nearly over. This is the last moment Michael & Yvonne will be together alone before the Finalé fight sequence, in which many characters die. Their relationship storyline intertwines with the main storyline & this is the second last scene for them to express their opinions of each other - Michael will get seriously injured in the fight & willl almost die, & Yvonne will be spending Christmas Eve without her husband for the 1st time in her life - it is then that she will have to decide whether she wants him or not and she does. Deep down, she does love him.

She's just not very good at showing it that's all!

It is a feature Hollywood Film that I'm writing & that I 1 day hope to see become a Box Office Smash hit across the globe! It's called "The Night Before Christmas" & Cast members include Jack Nicholson; Jack Black; Juliette Lewis; Bette Midler; Jane Fonda; John Cleese; Eddie Murphy; Maggie Smith; January Jones; Adam Brody; liev Schreiber; Robin Williams; Chér; The Rolling Stones; Sharon & Ozzy Osbourne; Tommy Lee Jones; Eva Longoria; Jim Carrey; Leslie Neilsen; Alison King (U.K. Soap Actress, in Coronation Street); Cuba Gooding Jr. & Martin Scorcesé as the voice of a fluent-in-English Parrot called Patrick! I'vewritten the parts for the Actors & Actresses already & hopefully 1 day, they might bring these characters to life! Kristin Scott Thomas and Oliver Platt will hopefully play the two leads: Michael and Yvonne Watt, who are in the scene above!

Yeah RunningB! I've done the research! It's so complex, you know, the editing & the layout, you know the way it has to be EXACTLY the way they want it done, font; spaces; margins; etc.! It's tough alright, but I've tought myself! I have around 30 oages left to write & that will bring it up to 570. Then I'll have to edit it - this is not a Submission Script - it''s a Shooting Script, hjence the length! It's those Discriptive Passages that take up most of the paper space, you know, scenes that would only take a second to show on screen, but take 1/2 a page to write! Oh well, i'm gonna keep sloggin' away at it for now anyway! Glad you like the sound of it!

BS

Favorite Answer

"You know what Michael, I don't know. But wherever it leads, we won't be having sex there or anywhere else ever again."

"You know what MIchael, I don't know. But when you find out, you'll be single."

"You know what Michael, I don't know. Your brother might know. I'll ask him next time I sleep with him."

"You know what Michael, I don't know. Go f*** yourself over there."

"You know what Michael, I don't know. But let's get a divorce now so that if I die gruesomely, at least I won't still be married to you when it happens."

...?!

Sounds like you've chosen the wrong moment to have your characters talk about a big relationship problem.

Keep it simple.

"Where do you think this leads?"

"Nowhere."

Then, if that's not enough, "It's a dead end, Michael."

Then, as she leads him grimly towards that dead end; "Come on."

But just 'nowhere' could be pretty effective on its own.

ADDITION: Wow, that's pretty ambitious! How many pages is it? I hope you've done your homework on the screenwriting craft, structure, layout and stuff - it's a tricky business! See the articles at

http://www.writersstore.com/articles.php?type=Expe... if you ever need help!

"You know what, Michael? I don't care. There was a time when I would have cared, but those days are over."