Washing the covers from the couch cushions?

I was just wondering how safe it is to wash the covers on the cushions and hand dry them? I have taken one off before and washed it by hand, but it didn't do a very good job, so I was wondering about throwing them in the washing machine. They unzip easily and slip back on easily, we didn't have any problems with bunching or anything when I did the last one in the sink, do you think it would be a problem doing them in the machine?? Anybody have any experience with this?

I'm not too sure what you would class the fabric as, it's kind of cottony... lol ... it isn't leather or microfiber or anything... it's pretty basic... I know I did it in the sink and they were fine... lol

Best Answer

I do mine in the washing machine. I just lay them out flat to dry. They turn out fine. It's hard to say if yours will too...they could be completely different fabrics.

I do mine in the machine on "delicate" cycle then lay flat to dry. Never had a problem.

I put mine in the washing machine with Woolite or other gentle detergent.... I also turn them inside out and hang to dry...