Washing the covers from the couch cushions?

I was just wondering how safe it is to wash the covers on the cushions and hand dry them? I have taken one off before and washed it by hand, but it didn't do a very good job, so I was wondering about throwing them in the washing machine. They unzip easily and slip back on easily, we didn't have any problems with bunching or anything when I did the last one in the sink, do you think it would be a problem doing them in the machine?? Anybody have any experience with this?

Update:

I'm not too sure what you would class the fabric as, it's kind of cottony... lol ... it isn't leather or microfiber or anything... it's pretty basic... I know I did it in the sink and they were fine... lol

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I do mine in the washing machine. I just lay them out flat to dry. They turn out fine. It's hard to say if yours will too...they could be completely different fabrics.

• 1 decade ago

I do mine in the machine on "delicate" cycle then lay flat to dry. Never had a problem.

• 1 decade ago

I put mine in the washing machine with Woolite or other gentle detergent.... I also turn them inside out and hang to dry...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.