Is a college degree needed to successfully write & publish nonfiction?

By trade, and love, I am focused & formally educated as a certified massge therapist and practice, & teach basic classes, in qigong. Although Ive taken random community & university college courses over the years, I have never actually finished a college degree. Have mostly taken courses of interest, and... show more By trade, and love, I am focused & formally educated as a certified massge therapist and practice, & teach basic classes, in qigong.
Although Ive taken random community & university college courses over the years, I have never actually finished a college degree. Have mostly taken courses of interest, and sometimes courses I was told I should take & often left before finishing due to becoming sick for weeks numerous times or simply lack of interest in the subject ( math & sciences especially ).
Friends & acquaintances have suggested I should write a book, apparently related to being fairly curious, sensitive / perceptive & thoughtfully expressive in ways about some areas of being. Though as far as writing a book, I've never even written a magazine article or finished college writing courses.
So my question is how would I go about learning to create a quality nonfiction book without a degree in writing? Any examples of creative & published writers without formal training?
3 answers 3