when will our muslim holidays be official holidays?

like hanukkah is a national holiday

so is christmas\

what about eid ul fitr or some other muslim holiday : /

camirra: back in pakistan there are many people who celebratre christmas in churches

Best Answer

Muslims holidays are already public holidays in my country.

Blue Xull and Camirra,

I live in a Muslim country with less than 10% Christians and another less than 10% Hindus. But Christmas and Deepavali are national holidays in my country and nobody make demonstration over it. Not only that, even Good Friday and Thaipusam are celebrated at state level.

Yeah soon Inshallah but you know I don't get where are you talking about?

Like Pakistan Iran and Afghanistan and other Muslim countries have Holidays on Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha. And some more as well. So which place are yoy talking about?

The official religion of the Country has holday in the religious holidays too!

• Kellie

School districts have a number of off days that they spread throughout the year. Using one of those days to recognize a cultural holiday is fine by me. Regardless of population percentages, ultimately, this doesn't seem to be a real issue. But, I suppose certain folks will view this as some insidious Muslim plot to infiltrate the US and declare Sharia Law as the law of the land.

hanukkahh is not a national holiday in australia

as for eid being a national holiday why shud it be

christians go to church on christmas day in pakistan but it is not a national holiday

so when islamic countries have national holidays for other religions then the west will have holidays for you

its funny..

American Jews: 5 million

American Muslims: 8 million

Islam grows at a rate of about 40%

Judaism is growing *smaller* at a rate of about 4%

you think the haters would get the message already and realize how big islam is with the people living in this country...stupid islamophobes.

blueX..yes they ARE national holidays in the middle east. i lived there, and saw santa claus at the mall and i did get a week off for christmas.

In Indonesia all muslims have 5 days of muslim holidays e.g

1) Islamic new year on January 10,2008

2) Muhammad pbuh birthday on March 20,2008

3) Isra Mi'raj on July 30,2008

4)Iedul Fitrie on October 1 and 2,2008

Besides that we have also another religion holidays for Buddha,Hindhu,Christianity religion followers. such as Waisak,Nyepi and Natal (Christmas)

• Manaf

soon Inshaallah

in my area, one of the cities have made Eid- ul-Fitr a school holiday

Blue Xull: True, but non-Muslims are minority groups in Muslim countries, and they are technically not countries of "freedom", as the United States claims to be founded on, "freedom". Muslims will soon increase in number and percentage in the US, and if other religions have benefits in this country, Muslims also will soon, Inshaallah.

Source(s): Islam is solowly but surely spreading, so Islam will have a larger impact on society, and eventually society will no longer be able to ignore us or pretend that we are unimportant, because they will have to see us and deal with us everyday, Inshaallah

I would propose that we began to start celebrating muslim holidays as soon as muslim countries began celebrating Christian ones. Somehow I don't think islam's narrow view of the world is going to allow them to embrace Christmas or Easter..now do you?

Christmas and Hanukkah are not national holidays in Muslim countries, now are they?

And I bet Muslims will be outraged if somebody suggested they should be.

Not until a lot of the Islamophobia that has gripped so much of the Western world clears up somewhat. Til then, I just reserve my sick days for Eid.